Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English

Options
  • 04-04-2009 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭

How many poets are people doing? I think I'm only going to do 3. Don't have much time left and I hate english :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Include Bishop and Walcott. You should be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

Just do Bishop, Keats, Longely and Walcott.....one of them will defo come up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I'm going to learn Walcott and Longley anyway. I hate elizabeth bishop way too much though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Having only studied Bishop up to this point in time, I think I'm just going to concentrate on Keats and Rich. Not too fond of Longley's poetry but I might do some work on him just to be safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭Mr Maroon

I'm doing Bishop, Rich and Walcott

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I'm doing 3 aswell. Bishop (a woman has always come up and Rich came up last year), Keats (hasn't come up since 2002) and Longley (probably will come up and I like his poems).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭SarcasticFairy

Didn't Bishop come up two years in a row a couple of years ago though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Longley and Bishop and that's it. I'm truly ****ed if one of them doesn't come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Didn't Bishop come up two years in a row a couple of years ago though?

Just checked there, Bishop came up in 2001 and 2002 and Plath came up in 2003 and 2004. Since 2004 no woman poet has come up 2 years in a row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

bishop and rich.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Saffy

even though I hate both of the female poets poems I'd be stupid to leave them out so Rich, Bishop and Walcott for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Irish_polizei

I'm going to learn Walcott and Longley anyway. I hate elizabeth bishop way too much though
    bishop.....I remember her as being a dirty lesbian who talks too much ****e....

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

nah thats rich!
    bishops grand, she actually varies a bit, but rich just talks about how horrible her marraige to her husband was and her sexuality n all. its like OMG shut up we get it. your a lesbian. you dont like boys, but believe it or not, your husband hada put up with you too yeh nut job!!
    i hate rich:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭RetroRainbow

Verrry mature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

"Oh but it is drity!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Ladies n Gents keep the topics civil or I'll be locking this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

how weird I started this thread! so much for going to learn 3. I only know one :o

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭deisechap09

for the comparative i just dont no!!! do i go for say 20-25 comparisons with as much flow as possible or 12-15 with a cohesive flowing essay?
    any samples ive seen have been the 2nd way but people tell me the first way...which is right??

Advertisement