Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday night in Galway city... Where to go??

Options
  • 04-04-2009 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

I'm not familiar with Galway nightlife and I'm going out with a friend on wednesday night in Galway city....

Where should we go??

We'd prefer somewhere with music we can dance to, pref. pop/dance but will dance to anything really.... Ska/reggae nights would be great!!

Somewhere there'll be a pretty big crowd would be good.

I don't know what to expect on a wednesday night. I'm aware NUIG are on hols for the next two weeks so maybe the city nightlife will be quiet....

Any suggestions appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

eskimo wrote: »
    I'm not familiar with Galway nightlife and I'm going out with a friend on wednesday night in Galway city....

Where should we go??

We'd prefer somewhere with music we can dance to, pref. pop/dance but will dance to anything really.... Ska/reggae nights would be great!!

Somewhere there'll be a pretty big crowd would be good.

I don't know what to expect on a wednesday night. I'm aware NUIG are on hols for the next two weeks so maybe the city nightlife will be quiet....

Any suggestions appreciated! :)

Your best bet would be to go where you normally get your Ska/reggae the rest of the week :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭foxy_19-89

CP's is busiest on wednesday night, ladies night free in before 12 and we always have a full house. without students around it might be quiter but we still would have a bigger crowd than most. no hope of hearing reggae in there though, chart to the max!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

GPO has 80s night - 80s (and some 90s) music, €3 Corona, free in, free tequila at about 1am.

Coyote's is free in and €3.50 for all drinks, usual club music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eskimo

Cheers ;)

I know the Dublin scene, just don't know the Galway scene, so no idea where I'd find ska/reggae, and now I live in Galway. Ska/reggae is wayyy more fun than pop/dance/r'n'b music. Kids today, they just don't know. Lol.

More suggestions wanted and appreciated! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

You might hear reggae in Arus na Gael on Domick St. on Friday nights (along with a load of other eclectic stuff) but no idea on wednesdays I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

BUMP! Any more answers greatly appreciated! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Check is there's anything happening in Deburgos, great spot, music is usually savage.

Cheers everyone ;)

For the record, we started in The King's Head (the first place I ever got drunk) and there was a great crowd in there. We left just after the live band started.

Then we tried The Front Door (Shop St. entrance) on recommendation but we weren't really in the mood for it so we then went looking for a club. There were promo people everywhere on the streets in the pissing rain handing out passes into all the clubs. I never realised before there were so many clubs in Galway!

So we tried that club 903 (i think that's what it's called??) first and it was packed and there was fun Samba music on in there, but my mate wasn't liking it so we went down the footpath to Club K. That was a good place. Then headed next door to Cuba, and spent the rest of the night there. Had a deadly night in there then.

ONLY problem, we just weren't enjoying being ENTIRELY surrounded and crowded by five billion students! They made for a good crowd but it was just wayyy to student-y. Guys who think they're the **** and girls thinking everything is a giant drama and who are entirely convinced they're Rihanna or Lindsay Lohan.

Anywho, I love Galway so I won't complain anymore!

Thanks for the suggestions!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Club K, Good, are you sh!tting me?

Worst, club, ever!

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    Club K, Good, are you sh!tting me?

Worst, club, ever!

By "good" I mean there was music playing, a bar, and somewhere to sit. After walking around in the rain for 20 mins it was welcome. We left soon after arriving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

ONLY problem, we just weren't enjoying being ENTIRELY surrounded and crowded by five billion students! They made for a good crowd but it was just wayyy to student-y. Guys who think they're the **** and girls thinking everything is a giant drama and who are entirely convinced they're Rihanna or Lindsay Lohan.

Sure 70% of the students arent in College or Galway in fact this week, were all off :)

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Sure 70% of the students arent in College or Galway in fact this week, were all off :)

Haha. NUIG are off but are GMIT?? The place was absolutely jammed with students! Its 99.9% students!

If both colleges are off I'm guessing a lot of the non-Galwegians stayed around for the hols!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Haha. NUIG are off but are GMIT?? The place was absolutely jammed with students! Its 99.9% students!

If both colleges are off I'm guessing a lot of the non-Galwegians stayed around for the hols!
    Or maybe you're just being a dick and thinking 'student' is a type of person, a type that you can recognise.

Advertisement