Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lidl wine in amore

Options
  • 04-04-2009 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Just back from from having a meal in amore restaurant, which was beautiful, we got a bottle of house white at 19.95 a bottle, and thought i recognized this from lidl which we bought a box of 6 for 24 euro(6 bottles for the price of 4)now i wasn't a hundred percent sure this was the wine until i got home, but it was,i think its disgraceful that you can be charged 19.95 for this in a restaurant:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Anyone can charge anything they want. It's up to the customer to bring their business elsewhere in future if they aren't happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

You probably also paid €8 for a burger made with €1 worth of mince. What do you expect? Shrugs shoulders...

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

Kahless wrote: »
    Anyone can charge anything they want. It's up to the customer to bring their business elsewhere in future if they aren't happy.

I will.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Why not look at it like this...
    You went out for some nice food, bottle of wine, to enjoy the atmosphere and company. The whole event cost you €xxx, overall was that worth it?

If you continuously break down the evening into its base components and individually cost those you won't do your confidence or your blood pressure any favours.

If I've really enjoyed a meal or an evening out I will tip more, most people are the same, you could buy a bottle or two of wine with the tip, so what if you enjoyed the enening, you're paying for the entertainment overall not the individual components alone, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭pommers

Why not look at it like this...
    You went out for some nice food, bottle of wine, to enjoy the atmosphere and company. The whole event cost you €xxx, overall was that worth it?

If you continuously break down the evening into its base components and individually cost those you won't do your confidence or your blood pressure any favours.

If I've really enjoyed a meal or an evening out I will tip more, most people are the same, you could buy a bottle or two of wine with the tip, so what if you enjoyed the enening, you're paying for the entertainment overall not the individual components alone, imo.

Ah sure your dead right, we dont get out much these days,kids n what have ya so yeah i did enjoy the night and just got a bit p*****d off bout the wine but thats how the cookie crumbles:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Id be more concerned the fact you were given Lidl wine in a restraunt. Not pushed about the price as everything, everywhere is charged higher then they get it at. I wonder is the food Tesco value? :P

Overall though, if you were happy with the food and service then thats all that should matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Thanks Sully,
    Actually thats the question,

Was it Lidl wine or just the same as wine Lidl sells?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

And you know what - most of the house wines in restaurants are probably being bought for €4 or €5 and sold for the normal house wine price of €19.95 anyway. It's just that now you can see it in Lidl!!!

Think your opening line was the crucial one...........

Just back from from having a meal in amore restaurant, which was beautiful,...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 PortlairgePoser

Yea, but this place advertises itself as a restaurant and WINE BAR, so i'd expect to find unusual, special and lesser known wines, not what you'd pick up in your local supermarket :eek:

Advertisement