Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What on earth are they doing with clancy strand?

Options
  • 05-04-2009 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

Does anybody have any idea what is going on with the works on clancy strand. They seem to be never ending. On the upside there is not a lot of scum down there anymore in the parks etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

They're putting down a board-walk, completing the rejuvination of the road as a whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

They've been working on Clancy Strand for ten years now. You'd hope this would be the last of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

They're certainly taking their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Rome wasn't built in a day. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Clancy Strand is hardly Rome haha

All the same is should be nice when its done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭tomcollins97

An File wrote: »
    They're putting down a board-walk, completing the rejuvination of the road as a whole.

Hopefully it won't end up like Dublins Liffey boardwalk - this is now a no-go area full of junkies and bums. Hasn't added to the city at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Hopefully it won't end up like Dublins Liffey boardwalk - this is now a no-go area full of junkies and bums. Hasn't added to the city at all.

O'Callaghans Strand isnt full of junkies and bums anyway,its actually quite nice

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

jackncoke wrote: »
    O'Callaghans Strand isnt full of junkies and bums anyway,its actually quite nice
    That it is. There's been a lot of footfall there since they redeveloped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭RINO87

i think both the strands are class, did a small video project on em for college a few months back and they looked fantastic.

heard the holdup with the boardwalk was that they need to dig deeper than first thought to get foundations. or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Clancy Strand is open to traffic again apparently..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Compared to the old Clancy Strand it is a paradise.
    I think they are trying to focus Limerick on the river rather than O'Connell St. It is starting to work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

I love the walk around the river and O'Callaghan's strand is really looking well since it was overhauled and hopefully Clancy Strand will be as impressive.

Is there any plan to add a boardwalk from the other side of Thomond bridge along by the castle down to city hall? Limerick would then a have beautiful river walk taking in the three bridges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Ya i agree , as long i can remember they been working on clancy strand you think they'd be finished now after ten years, its a nice shortcut into town instead going down by the maternity all the time .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

Walked along the new boardwalk this evening and have to say I'm impressed with it, still a bit to finish off but it does make a nice walk along the river, especially with the tide in.

It would be nice to round off the river walk with another boardwalk by the castle down to city hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

If only they could do to Howley's, Bishop's and Harvey's quay what they did to O'Callaghan and Clancy strands, it'd be great! They badly need work done to them!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

as far as i know there's plans to do something similar with the quays, but given the financial situation at the moment, it may be a while longer before they get around to it.

Advertisement