Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Tetris Promotes Communism

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Can't finish tetris. Talk about a sore loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

loonies wrote:
    In the Doom series, you play a U.S. Marine who fights the forces of Satan. While you use violence, it is only against demons. On its own this would be a positive thing as it reinforces the role of our Christian military in spreading the Light of God throughout the world and opposing the Satanic forces that would do us harm. Unfortunately, the game's maker, John Carmack, is an Atheist. This means that he had no clue what he was doing when he used this idea as the central narrative of his game. Instead of highlighting the positive aspects of Spiritual Warfare and uplifting people to become Warriors for Christ, his Atheistic ignorance of the Bible let him become a conduit for Satan to sensationalize the demonic enemies, actually making them seductive to youth! I know this because, before I was saved, I played Doom. I was entranced by the Satanic imagery and violence. I thank the Lord that OBJECTIVE: Ministries' Jim Carlson came along and led me to Jesus and got me in touch with Pastor Skeet before I did anything really bad. I don't know if I would have killed anyone, but you can never be certain when dealing with Satan's works.
    loonies wrote:
    Tetris is unwinable, you can only put off your inevitable defeat. This fatalistic aspect of the game should come as no surprise since it was originally created in 1985 in the Soviet Union, where the Atheist government taught everyone that there is nothing but a bleak, pointless existence followed by death with no chance for Salvation. It is claimed that the word "tetris" comes from the game pieces all being made of four blocks. In reality, the game was named in mockery of the Trinity by adding a forth hypostasis, the Communist State, to the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost....

Its repetitive gameplay and use of a repetitive Russian folk tune causes players to slip into a hypnagogic state, making them receptive to the Communistic themes inherent in the game imagery (everyone is an unindividualistic block that must be made to fit together in Soviet conformity, and sometimes whole lines of people are made to disappear without any explanation). This is intentional, since, like all work done by the Soviet Academy of Science where Tetris was developed, it was part of secret military research, in this case having to do with mind control.

LMFAO! :pac: This has to be a piss-take though? They can't really be that deranged, can they? Can they? :eek:

EDIT: Yup, it's a piss-take and I was drunk enough to fall for it. Very, very funny though. Check out the track listings on one of their albums:

Miracles And The Infinite Radness (2000)

1. Jesus Is Just Alright (With Me)
    2. Who Let The Praise Out?!
    3. Rock On Christian Soldiers
    4. Our God Is A Rockin' God
    5. I Get Down On My Knees (4 U, Lord)
    6. The Whole Glory
    7. In The Garden Of Eden (Spoken Word)
    8. Jesus Is Just Alright (Reprise)

"I wanna get down on my knees and start pleasing Jesus. I wanna feel his salvation all over my face..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

In mgs4, snakes main goal is to steal guns from the Patriots.

And also the Patriots somehow represent God.

Grand.

Advertisement