Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Booster - Speeds up PC during gaming!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

TonyM. wrote: »
    you people need to overclock more,

no crappy program is going to slow me down

pump up the volts

Fine- until you start burning out components. I've burnt out 4 mobos in the last year (and I don't regret it one little bit.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Don't see the big deal about this program.

You either use it or you don't.

People who know what to do without having to use this program, well good for you.

If you don't its your choice if you want to use this program or not.

A bit of a pointless debate, about much to do about noting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

smccarrick wrote: »
    Fine- until you start burning out components. I've burnt out 4 mobos in the last year (and I don't regret it one little bit.....)

FFS, give up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Then buy a high quality motherboards to start with, it will be cheaper in the long run.

1x 200€ Motherboard = Total 200€

or

4 x 80€-100€ Motherboards = Total 320€-400€
    smccarrick wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    FFS, give up

:D

• Advertisement

I'm certainly not giving up- I enjoy messing with components. If I blow the odd thing in my efforts- tough. Its a great hobby.

Back to the original post and the OP- there are other programmes out there that minimise page file use and dynamically assign RAM to the o/s and applications- which might be a better idea than Game Booster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

In short, games booster is a load of **** for lazy people.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

if it helps people who are not sure what to turn off so wheres the harm.

if it helps people who are not sure what to turn off so wheres the harm.

No harm. It is handy- but if people don't know what their doing- they're hardly likely to be hanging out in the tweaking and modding forum discussing the relative merits of the software.........?

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭stephenmarr

so people cant browse forms now? im sure most people look through forms that they only have a small intrest in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 gunner0098

Man this thread is funny!! :D

Pistols at dawn anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Infoseeking

I just want to echo a sentiment that's already been expressed but that doesn't seem to have hit home. Not everybody who owns a P.C. wants to know everything about them. I like tweaking my computer but I'm a novice at it and, due to other activities vying for my time, I want to remain a novice. This program is useful, easy to use and not worth arguing about. I mean, if you really want to lock horns why not debate something important. Is this topic really that interesting? Or have the antagonists here really got nothing more interesting to sharpen their claws on? I vote for option two. P.C.s are powerful tools and anything that makes them easier for Everyman to use gets a gold star from me. Thanks for the tip - I'm downloading this gem as I write.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭ColonelCarnage

Well for those who like the idea of this program there is a new updated gamebooster that is even easier to manage and uses even less resources available from the same website.

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Gonzales24

Anti wrote: »

its not for lazy people, is for efficient people, who would rather spend the time usfull with gaming or tweaking somthing with more importens then switch on or of services/programms in msconfig... its a good program, simular to the FUSION from amd. it gives u a chose what to switch off and what to keep.. and its done in seconds.... and when u would have any logical thinking at all, u would appreciate that kind of work. its from people, who had enough from spending preciuos time in msconfig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Gonzales24 wrote: »
    its not for lazy people, is for efficient people, who would rather spend the time usfull with gaming or tweaking somthing with more importens then switch on or of services/programms in msconfig... its a good program, simular to the FUSION from amd. it gives u a chose what to switch off and what to keep.. and its done in seconds.... and when u would have any logical thinking at all, u would appreciate that kind of work. its from people, who had enough from spending preciuos time in msconfig.

Those of us who spend our time disabling services in msconfig, do so once and for good and not every time we want to play a game game, who's efficient now? cough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Frank Drebin

Anti wrote: »
    Anti! My daughter uses this now and I use it on my laptop. I don't appreciate being called lazy. If you don't like it keep your comments to yourself.

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Those of us who spend our time disabling services in msconfig, do so once and for good and not every time we want to play a game game, who's efficient now? cough :D

yea very smart, u desable just what u dont need, bet with the programm u disable all the programs u wouldn need for gaming... including virus-scan, internet, and other and that in 1 secand the same time to switch them back on i have about 15 programss i have on the startup wich i need on a daily use, but not for gaming so i have to switch them off one by one, whit the programm matter of sec. i wana see how fast u would do it the conventional way. so befor being smart, get the know-how. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Gonzales24 wrote: »
    yea very smart, u desable just what u dont need, bet with the programm u disable all the programs u wouldn need for gaming... including virus-scan, internet, and other and that in 1 secand the same time to switch them back on i have about 15 programss i have on the startup wich i need on a daily use, but not for gaming so i have to switch them off one by one, whit the programm matter of sec. i wana see how fast u would do it the conventional way. so befor being smart, get the know-how. ;)

there a little things called batch files..... you can create one to kill off any apps you don't need in one go. 5 min job to make one at most. Make another batch file to renable them afterwards.
    (simple "conventional" stuff ....)

Not that I have anything against people using game booster, it's not the only solution, there are other ways mate!

uberpixie wrote: »
    there a little things called batch files..... you can create one to kill off any apps you don't need in one go. 5 min job to make one at most. Make another batch file to renable them afterwards.

Not that I have anything against people using game booster, it's not the only solution, there are other ways mate!

no one says that there are no other ways, everyone chooses the most covenient methode, i personly like AMD FUSION because i can include overdrive, some people might not like this programm, but its convenient for me, my pc is running 24h with a phenom 9950 BE @ 1.7 DC so when i need i run fusion it disables all unnecessary programs, plus OC my cpu to 3.1Ghz +ram+NB+Videocard.
    u might say, u do it once in the bios and thats it. ok, but i have much better ways to spend my money then paying my ESB bill.
    the thing is, this post is a bout one way of doing it, and thats it. so for some of u here, when u dont have anything productive to say, there are planty of other topics around.
    no one is calling u lazy becouse u are using a car instead of walking.. :):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

TonyM. wrote: »
    you people need to overclock more,

no crappy program is going to slow me down

pump up the volts

Most peoples systems aren't custom built, so they won't be able to tweak any of the bios settings.

Me personaly I would avoid this program, but it might be handy for the younger ones just messing around and playing a couple of games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

First off i'd like to say i'm one of those noob types who has a dell XPS. That said my laptops runs games still very fast. Will this program actually speed up the computer? i'm scared of turning off some background processes cos i don't what they do.

Oh in relation to earlier posts in this thread, i personally dont use the laptop all the time... i have a life!!
    hahah only joking

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

uberpixie wrote: »

So you save 5mins by using the software the OP is talking about... sweet :D
    Sounds handy for people that either dont have a lot of time, or that dont know how to make batch files, or peole that couldnt be arsed :) sounds great

Advertisement