Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easter recipes

• 05-04-2009 4:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

Normally, on Easter Sunday we had roast lamb at my parents house and then lie around all afternoon gorging on Easter eggs. This is my first Easter living away from home without my family around. We're going to a friends house (as per my other thread - my oven is not up for cooking a roast for a few people!) and were all going to pitch to make a special Easter roast dinner as none of us will be visiting our families.

Does anyone have any favourite Easter recipes they always have on Easter Sunday? Has anyone got anything nice planned?

I was thinking of making some kind of Easter cake for dessert too. Does anyone know of any nice ones? I was thinking mini birds nests could be nice. (like rice krispie cakes but with cornflakes and fashioned in to a nest shape with mini eggs) but that is quite easy and maybe a large cake would be better if there will be a few of us.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 hedgehog33

I've made Nigella's cloud cake for friends before and it's turned out great (and I'm not great at cakes). If you follow this link to the recipe you can see a tip for making it an Easter nest cake.

I'm afraid I don't really have any traditional Easter recipes, apart from gorging on Easter eggs on course, but I'm going to try making some tea eggs this year. Have never tried them before but somebody mentioned them on another thread here, and they look fab.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I made some hot-cross buns at the weekend.

I didn't know that the cross was supposed to be made of pastry though, they were tasty yokes.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

We are going to friends for easter dinner and i am going to make some greek easter bread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Last year I made a simnel cake. If you like almonds it's lovely. This has lots of variations but the way I made it was as a light almond sponge layer cake, with a layer of marzipan and jam in the middle, and topped with icing, and decorated with marzipan balls. It went down a treat.

Advertisement