Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flights Melbourne->Chirstchurch->Cairns

Options
  • 05-04-2009 6:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Hey guys travelling from Melbourne first week in May and looking to fly to New Zealand (preferably Christchurch) and then stay there for a week and then fly from NZ to Cairns.

Any you guys know the best place to go with in terms of price. I have been on the major airlines sites such as Virgin blue, jetstar but very expensive.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

chris85 wrote: »
    Hey guys travelling from Melbourne first week in May and looking to fly to New Zealand (preferably Christchurch) and then stay there for a week and then fly from NZ to Cairns.

Any you guys know the best place to go with in terms of price. I have been on the major airlines sites such as Virgin blue, jetstar but very expensive.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Unfortunately, NZ is not like Europe and there isn't lots of budget airlines. I can't think of any apart from air new zealand, qantas, virgin blue and jetstar and jetstar only started operating here a few weeks ago.

Look online for the flight centre - they do deals. Also google air NZ grab a seat - they have tickets at low prices but with a limited selection depending on what they're trying to shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

watna wrote: »
    Unfortunately, NZ is not like Europe and there isn't lots of budget airlines. I can't think of any apart from air new zealand, qantas, virgin blue and jetstar and jetstar only started operating here a few weeks ago.

Look online for the flight centre - they do deals. Also google air NZ grab a seat - they have tickets at low prices but with a limited selection depending on what they're trying to shift.

air nz look ok, can get a return flight from melbourne to christchurch for two people for $600 for both of us including 20kg baggage, not bad. too expensive to fly with them up to cairns, might just get cheap flight from melbourne to cairns.

Advertisement