Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh Dear...Oh Dear...!

Options
  • 05-04-2009 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

This is the second insensitive 'Get a blog',thread locking reply from a mod in as many weeks Ive come across...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055529917

How on Earth can anybody not think this is relevant to Teaching and Lecturing ?It is genuinely moving and inspiring.As a manly male I was 'almost' in tears . But the Mod came along then and spoiled it all...Does the Boards Mod induction course include an insensitivity / 'big old meaney' module or are they chosen with those inate traits ?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

It was chain mail. The sort of crap that is sent as spam to thousands of e-mail addresses.

I completely agree with the Mods decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

ytareh wrote: »
    But the Mod came along then and spoiled it all...Does the Boards Mod induction course include an insensitivity / 'big old meaney' module or are they chosen with those inate traits ?

No, but we do include a "go read snopes.com" module, which has come in quite useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Any time I get anything like this by email I send back the tale of Little Billy, the boy with just a head and a burlap sack for a body.

Chain mail's a no-no ytareh

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I <3 sceptre.

Advertisement