Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Dublin - The O2, April 15th and 16th 2009

• 05-04-2009 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Anyone know where the wwe are staying in Dublin next week, i presume its on of the hotels on the quays. i have to book a hotel for the kids

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

It usually the Westbury according to a lot of folks on here, they dont stay in Jurys :)

edit: although thinking about it they are cutting costs so maybe 5 star hotels arent an option anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Good luck booking the westbury for it this late in the game, only rooms you're going to get are expensive ones. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

have they no stayed in the clarion before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 KWALL99

I thought it was the FOUR SEASONS in Dublin and the HILTON in Belfast??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I managed to track them down a few times but it was based on pure guess work.They could be staying anywhere in Dublin to be honest, not necessarily the ones near the o2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭wicklow joe

When they were in the rds last time, they stayed in the herbert park hotel
    The last time in the point it was the clarion, most of the previous time it was the westbury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 KWALL99

Anyone know if it is the HILTON in Belfast ? Am booked in there hoping it is, but could do with somewhere cheaper!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭larry1

OK, need help:o Bringing my little guy & nephew to the show next week. Have absolutely no knowledge of wrestling but plan on swotting up over the next week and blow the two little guys away with my knowledge on the night:D

Which wrestlers are appearing next week so I can get Googling:confused:

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭OrtonViper

Just go to WWE.com and go to superstar profiles, there's a lot of reading on them there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

I find wikipedia is a good source for the wrestling moves and like OrtonViper said WWE.com would be best choice for superstar profiles. Enjoy the show when you get there:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 EireGunner

What do you think the chances would be of meeting them in the airport and when would they fly in seeing as the first night is on a Wednesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

KWALL99 wrote: »
    Anyone know if it is the HILTON in Belfast ? Am booked in there hoping it is, but could do with somewhere cheaper!!

It was last year anyway. Myself and my mates were staying there last year and got autographs and photos with them and went to the bar for a few pints with a few of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 turnbuckle

here is the list of wrestlers who are appearing. But there is going to be some changes the week before the event in dublin. so there maybe some slight changes

http://www.wwe.com/schedules/events/eventdetail/?id=8100788

turnbuckle wrote: »
    here is the list of wrestlers who are appearing. But there is going to be some changes the week before the event in dublin. so there maybe some slight changes

http://www.wwe.com/schedules/events/eventdetail/?id=8100788

I'd say there's a little more than slight, given the fact that the draft is on the Monday prior to that. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I'd say there's a little more than slight, given the fact that the draft is on the Monday prior to that. :)

Do they not still honour the advertised wrestlers, or at least the big guns, regardless of the draft?
    I know they did a few years ago when Cena had been heavily advertised for a Smackdown show at the Point, but was drafted to Raw about a week beforehand.

D-FENS wrote: »
    Do they not still honour the advertised wrestlers, or at least the big guns, regardless of the draft?
    I know they did a few years ago when Cena had been heavily advertised for a Smackdown show at the Point, but was drafted to Raw about a week beforehand.

For as long as their posters say "Card subject to change" in the fine print, they don't have to honour a damn thing. Harsh as it sounds, nobody ever said it was fair game. I'll never forget everyone grabbing their tix on the day of the Raw show in 2004, couldn't wait for Rob Vab Spotmunky to come over...

... then he got drafted to Smackdown two weeks or so before the show.
    I laughed anyway. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

D-FENS wrote: »

They do.

When Cena and Orton were swapped a few years back Cena came with Smackdown and Orton went to England with Raw despite being on Smackdown and Cena with Raw.

Considering the Draft is monday prior to the event, i don't think it will affect the show. I reckon that week's house shows will continue as if the draft never happened.

edit:

Also, it was the RDS Summer Bash where Cena got drafted just before it. However, they had been specifically advertising Kurt/JBL/Angle W/ Austin for the event, so there was very little chance of the draft affecting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Luas Lane

I think if you want to meet them the airport is your best bet. But you'll just have to guess what flight their on. Then again there cant be that many flights coming in from the US on that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 showgies

O2 Arena website have advertised the following

15th APRIL

John Cena & Rey Mysterio vs. Edge & Chris Jericho

***Intercontinental Championship Match***

CM Punk vs. Kane

16th APRIL

Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Jericho

***World Heavyweight Championship Match***

John Cena vs. Edge

http://www.theo2.ie/event/wrestlemania-revenge-tour/

• Advertisement

Merging both threads guys, we don't need two seperate discussions on the one show. :)

So Edge is being drafted to Raw then, good stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 EireGunner

I doubt that the WWE are too worried about how the draft will affect Ireland!!!! I will try meet them atthe airport,if anyone has any idea on where they are staying or when they are flying in I would appreciate any information :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭Jolt2007

showgies wrote: »

***Intercontinental Championship Match***

CM Punk vs. Kane

Interesting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭larry1

Can anyone tell me what time the WWE boys will be on stage? Tickets say 7.30 but is it more like 8.00?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

larry1 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what time the WWE boys will be on stage? Tickets say 7.30 but is it more like 8.00?

Thanks

if they say 7:30 make sure you are there for 7:30, they try their damndest to start bang on time, and if you are late the poor security have the job of not letting you in until a specific time, so you could miss the opening match, just do yourself a favour and aim to be in your seat for 7:30...you will get half hour/20 minute/10 minute/five minute/final warning so you will have plenty of notice!

Question for the Dubs on the board, is there any carparks within a few mins walk of the O2? i know Jurys have one but its pretty expensive, or would i just be better parking at the Luas out by the former red cow and getting the luas into town? will be in the city mid afternoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

Best bet is to park somewhere in the IFSC, I know NCI college have parking.

krudler wrote: »
    Question for the Dubs on the board, is there any carparks within a few mins walk of the O2? i know Jurys have one but its pretty expensive, or would i just be better parking at the Luas out by the former red cow and getting the luas into town? will be in the city mid afternoon

tbh its the same difference, you will be parking pretty much much in the city centre and thats where the luas drops you off, theres no parking near the o2 accept for one mini site they turn into a car park that holds about 6 cars :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cerialc

Does anyone know if any of the wrestlers are doing autograph signings in Dublin next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Hi lads ,
    An Event virgin here,
    Bringing my 6 year old to our first ever event next Thursday,
    so any advice would be appreciated ,
    Want to get him some gear t-shirts hats etc Are we talking big prices ?
    if there is food on site, if so is it edible ?
    And anything else people think will/could be relevent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Hi lads ,
    An Event virgin here,

Welcome Rockman. :)

You basically have 2 options here.
    Because he is 6 obviously if all you got him was a shirt with an iron on image of cena, rey, jeff and whoever he would probably be happy,
    It could be beneficial to head into stephens green and see what they have in the youth section of Wrestling mania (3rd floor, beside the goth shop)

They sometimes have tees for as little as €15.

The alternative is wait until you get to the o2 and you could be very possibly asked for 20-30 euro for the same item.

I would push for going to mania before hand because they usually get a shed load of stock in before the shows.

Also, anything like hats, keyrings, chains and all those sort of things are generally a rip off no matter what when it comes to the show itself.

Havent been in the new o2 so im completely unaware if there is.
    But if it is anything like the point was your talking cold hot dogs and handful portions of chips!
    And with a pocket emptying cost of near 5 squid.

So maybe stopping off at a shop on the way and stocking up on chocs and munches, or even a prepacked sandwhich wouldnt go a miss.
    And hey, if the new o2 turns out to have 4 star cuisine, then you have a snack for the way home ;).

Im really curious as to what roster will be in Ireland next week. Have a feeling they will just leave the touring rosters as they are

food is exactly as it was in the point, same consessions stands, same people, normal, popcorn + hotdogs etc (same as any other venue) and what i was amazed at...same prices (pretty reasonable when you take into account the new point costs ALOT)

food is exactly as it was in the point, same consessions stands, same people, normal, popcorn + hotdogs etc (same as any other venue) and what i was amazed at...same prices (pretty reasonable when you take into account the new point costs ALOT)

To be honest, the food and the booze in the Point were always expensive.

• Advertisement

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    To be honest, the food and the booze in the Point were always expensive.

oh i totally agree, but seeing as they are the same price i think is reasonable! (actually the booze is now €6 where as it was €6.50 at the end of the point-which was raised whenever conor, the bar owner, had the chance)

consession stand is overly priced no question though!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 R!ta

I know for defo that last time they were in Dublin - July '07 that they were staying in the Herbert Park..and that was on in the Point.
    So i dunno..
    I'd love to head to the hotel too..just not sure where they're gonna be.

Thats a bit strange of a logic.

I'll explain why i think so:
    Those food guys are just vendors.

As in some firm has paid a license fee and they can sell food in the o2. So no matter how much or little, and the o2 still gets like say 10,000 per annum.

Now if the WWE held a show in the old point then you have 6,500 max people and eating my sausages and popcorn.

Fast forward to next week and there will be practically twice as much as us going through those doors and thus a higher rate of the amount of people who might eat the food.

In reality that creates a larger turnover. So i would nearly expect them to bring down the prices, even a hot dog from €5 to €4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Hi lads ,
    An Event virgin here,
    Bringing my 6 year old to our first ever event next Thursday,
    so any advice would be appreciated ,

The biggest thing to remember to do when bring a 6-year old (especially if ye are close to the ring and the wrestler entrance) is to buy earplugs for him/her. If there is pyrotechnics, it will blow your ears off. The pyro will probably occur at the start of the event when the announcer comes out and welcomes everyone to "Raw". Mine were ringing for 2 days after the last time I went to WWE in the point.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The biggest thing to remember to do when bring a 6-year old (especially if ye are close to the ring and the wrestler entrance) is to buy earplugs for him/her. If there is pyrotechnics, it will blow your ears off. The pyro will probably occur at the start of the event when the announcer comes out and welcomes everyone to "Raw". Mine were ringing for 2 days after the last time I went to WWE in the point.

When was that, Tour of defiance?

Ireland have had a law brought in when that disco burnt down because of dodgy pyrotechnics, didn't they?

• Advertisement

There was no pyro at the 2007 shows anyway, havent been to one since (has there been any? didnt smackdown tour just before the point closed?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

thanks lads,For yer help.
    One last question what time would the show finish at (roughly)?

If it starts at 7.30 which they usually would on the dot then expect it to be over before 10.30 ish, they take a 15-20 min interval during it, now this was at the last tour in 2007 they did but half the roster was either suspended or injured during that time so they probably had to cut down the shows a lot, the 2004 shows ran at least 3 hours

Just to let you know lads, I rang about 10 hotels and its in the Best Western just off O'Connell St that they are staying in. I just rang up literally a min ago and the bloke said they are arriving Tuesday night. I couldn't believe he told me.

I'm going to head down around lunch time,thats the best chance to meet them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Anybody know if it will be the roster pre or post draft? Might get some tickets off ebay, didn't realise I was off the week the shows were on any ive nothing else to do.

Thats a bit strange of a logic.

I'll explain why i think so:
    Those food guys are just vendors.

As in some firm has paid a license fee and they can sell food in the o2. So no matter how much or little, and the o2 still gets like say 10,000 per annum.

Now if the WWE held a show in the old point then you have 6,500 max people and eating my sausages and popcorn.

Fast forward to next week and there will be practically twice as much as us going through those doors and thus a higher rate of the amount of people who might eat the food.

In reality that creates a larger turnover. So i would nearly expect them to bring down the prices, even a hot dog from €5 to €4.

not in the point, the guy that owns and runs the food also runs the bar and has a steak in the point itself....he would have had to bear the cost of the new point (in my eyes itll always be the point) hence why it would not be unimaginable to think they would raise the prices!

not in the point, the guy that owns and runs the food also runs the bar and has a steak in the point itself....he would have had to bear the cost of the new point (in my eyes itll always be the point) hence why it would not be unimaginable to think they would raise the prices!

But the chances of the old point selling 6,000 hotdogs was impossibe, but now with the new point they could easily sell that and make more of a profit.

And there is a lot more shows being held in the o2 as well.

Anyone know what the o2 holds for a WWE event? I heard something like 9,500. 20,000 for 2 shows is good going

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

Just to let you know lads, I rang about 10 hotels and its in the Best Western just off O'Connell St that they are staying in. I just rang up literally a min ago and the bloke said they are arriving Tuesday night. I couldn't believe he told me.

BALLS! I booked into the clarion weeks ago! DOH! ah well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cerialc

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnJericho viewpost.gif

Do the wrestlers normally come out to meet their fans at the hotel they are staying in?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement