Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Dublin - The O2, April 15th and 16th 2009

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭JohnJericho

They do be walking around so you just approach them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

They do be walking around so you just approach them.

Or stand at one side of the lobby with your mouth open, wearing a tour tee shirt shouting "OMG, ITS ......." and pointing.

Or maybe not.

Actually in hindsight it doesnt seem like that good of an idea. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Dunno if this is allowed but I have 2 spare tickets for the 15th show, block D row 29 if anyones interested pm me

I was wondering who exactly gets front row for WWE in Dublin. We have all tried but to no avail. They never seem to go on general sale with ticketmaster .ie so who does get them, any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

ME !!!

Will be working - taking pics ringside (I think)

if they are the same as boxing and other sports - they are reserved for people who know the organisers/PR people and the media.(Newspaper reporters/Photographers/TV)...oh..and ringside judges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

PCPhoto wrote: »
    oh..and ringside judges.

For pro wrestling?

WWE Tour Of Defiance, second night, may 2004. I was Block F, Row A, Seat 1. Sitting front row and beside the ramp. In my opinion, it, and the seat directly across from me on the other side of the walkway, are the best seats in the building.

I don't buy into the "WWE give all the good seats away" theory at all. It's a matter of luck. As someone who has went to WWE with free tickets from different radio stations on numerous occasions, i can say the seats weren't amazing by any standards. Also saw one of the 2FM DJs come into the show and sit a few seats down from me one time, so i assume 2FM get a pack of tickets, have to give away a set number of them and keep the rest for themselves. Regardless, whenever i go to a show, when i look at front row, they don't look like business men or anything to me, and when i was front row all the people sitting on my row (whom i had great conversation with throughout the night) were all solid wrestling fans.

Luck of the draw i say. PW has about 20 (or thereabouts) posters who say they're going to WWE live and post in threads relating to dublin shows. thousands of people attend. Just because no one here has consistently gotten front row doesn't mean they're all reserved. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

ME !!!

Will be working - taking pics ringside (I think)

if they are the same as boxing and other sports - they are reserved for people who know the organisers/PR people and the media.(Newspaper reporters/Photographers/TV)...oh..and ringside judges.
    Giz a pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 EireGunner

Cheers JohnJericho i'm going to go for a look myself hope to meet them!!!
    Would be awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

looks like I will be working at it ....taking pics (my first WWE event) .... hopefully will be ringside and wont be hidden somewhere in the crowd (like the bernard dunne fight !!! - Very disappointed with not being allowed ringside)

looks like I will be working at it ....taking pics (my first WWE event) .... hopefully will be ringside and wont be hidden somewhere in the crowd (like the bernard dunne fight !!! - Very disappointed with not being allowed ringside)

Just dont be near the ring with a camera if takers about.

Heard the last guy still hasnt recovered ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭currythis

What would be a good time to catch them down at the best western would anybody know?
    Couldn't afford tix to the show but would like to try and get a few pics and autographs at least!
    Am usually in town daytime handing out cvs anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

I'd say anything. If that fails you can try Westwood in Clontarf.. they usually work out there.

Met Carlito just standing around in the parking lot a few years ago when I was walking home from work.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 showgies

For the record I got 2nd row seats ringside through the normal internet booking.........straight in at 9am on the morning of the sale

I got Row A seats for the November show, just bought them off ticketmaster, the trick is to pick the section you want not go with "best available" on the site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 R!ta

Just to let you know lads, I rang about 10 hotels and its in the Best Western just off O'Connell St that they are staying in. I just rang up literally a min ago and the bloke said they are arriving Tuesday night. I couldn't believe he told me.

I'm going to head down around lunch time,thats the best chance to meet them

:D
    Deadly!
    see ya there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

A seperate thread really wasn't required for this! :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭dez_warlock

I have a spare ticket for the wednesday show going really cheap if anyone is interested PM me. Block F, row 17. If this is against rules, I apologise.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Neddieog

Just to let you know lads, I rang about 10 hotels and its in the Best Western just off O'Connell St that they are staying in. I just rang up literally a min ago and the bloke said they are arriving Tuesday night. I couldn't believe he told me.

Is it the Best Western Premier Acedemy Plaza Hotel there stayin in JohnJericho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭mallet head

Anybody know if cameras are permitted at these events?

• Advertisement

Indeed they are, just not video recording ones, although since every digital camera does video recording these days its a moot point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭mallet head

krudler wrote: »
    Indeed they are, just not video recording ones, although since every digital camera does video recording these days its a moot point

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

Hey Just wondering Does anyone Know will HBK Be There???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

From what I remember of the 90's the big guys rarely ever came. Remember going the point one year and Virgil was about as good as it got. But that said I have no idea what its like now. If its not a Raw or Smackdown or PPV then you might only get one or two big names.

As far as i recall, Shawn has yet to miss a tour. All of the big names usually come over. Last time they were over they were missing Umaga for no apparent reason. The only other time a big star didn't arrive was when there was a good reason (Injury, etc.)

I'd strongly expect to see Cena, Batista, Kane, Punk, Jericho, Rey and all the other big names that are the RAW roster.

As far as i know, your average run of the mill digital camera is fine. However, if you have one of those big ass camera with the forty foot long lens, then you're gonna have it taken off you (i know there's a name for the type of camera im thinking of, but can't think of it at the moment. SLR or something :confused:). Of course, luck plays a big part in this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Jason93

I'm getting no luck with this hotel at all, I have an idea where it is, but I don't wanna risk going there. I've tried every hotel and im getting nothing, all they're saying is there is no booking under that name.

Under what name?

Why do you guys insist on pestering them at their hotel? Leave them be. If they want to interact with the fans i'm sure they'll do it at the venue, and not when they're trying to get a bit of rest.

From what I remember of the 90's the big guys rarely ever came. Remember going the point one year and Virgil was about as good as it got. But that said I have no idea what its like now. If its not a Raw or Smackdown or PPV then you might only get one or two big names.

Eh? in 2004 the main event was Triple H vs Chris Benoit one night, last time it was John Cena vs Randy Orton, all the big names on the roster come over injuries permitting

Actually someone might be able to answer this, was the 2004 tour the first time the WWE played a show in the Point?

Under what name?

Why do you guys insist on pestering them at their hotel? Leave them be. If they want to interact with the fans i'm sure they'll do it at the venue, and not when they're trying to get a bit of rest.

Thats not what you said when we were hanging around for René Dupree! :p

Poor lad on his way for a shower and KKV asked him for a photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Eh? in 2004 the main event was Triple H vs Chris Benoit one night, last time it was John Cena vs Randy Orton, all the big names on the roster come over injuries permitting

Actually someone might be able to answer this, was the 2004 tour the first time the WWE played a show in the Point?

I said 90's. Mid 90's to be more precise and I certainly went to see it at the Point. Virgil as I said was the biggest draw.

EDIT: Just double checked and Virgil left the WWF in August 94 so it obviuosly was before that.

• Advertisement

redout wrote: »
    I said 90's. Mid 90's to be more precise and I certainly went to see it at the Point. Virgil as I said was the biggest draw.

EDIT: Just double checked and Virgil left the WWF in August 94 so it obviuosly was before that.

virgil.jpg

so...not the mid 90s?

Every year this get brought up, i swear!
    The tour of defiance tour in 2004, was the first time they had been here in nine years. Their first time, to my knowledge was in 1991 for the UK Rampage tour, again in either 1992 and 1993, again in 1994 and finally in 1995.

Bret main evented with the WWE before did he not?

I still find i surprising that WWE came to the point in the first place in 2004. After so long, I wonder what put it in their heads?

Thats not what you said when we were hanging around for René Dupree! :p

Poor lad on his way for a shower and KKV asked him for a photo.

Very good point, but i didn't plan it for weeks in advance. It served him right anyway. Him and Sabu should have just took part in the pre-show meet and greet thing. I blame society.

Under what name?

Because we are ringrats and we thrive on the attention, I thought that was a giveaway ;)

I tried to confirm a booking and they said there was no record of that name in the service. So obviously its not there, tried the Clarion, best western, jurys, clarion, herbert park and the westbury and nothing. I went by one of their real names too.

Anybody have any luck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Virgil Vs Diesel in march 1994 Id say your on about., Main event was HBK vs Razor though, Macho Man,Crush, Earthqauke and Jeff Jarrett where also there along with my 6 year old self :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheIrishLegend

Sorry to bust your bubble guys but I am 99% sure the draft will not affect the advertised listing for the Dublin shows. As per usual, most of the wrestlers do not find out that they are being drafted untill it is announced. With Raw on tonight(Monday) and the wrestlers flying out Tuesday morning for the Tour, I dont think they are going to be changeing flight details and travel arrangments straight after Raw. With the main Drafts being announced on Monday Night, The supplement Draft occurs on Wed morning, So the majority of the wrestlers will actually be in Ireland already when this is announced on WWE.COM. But once Edge is there who really cares....
    PS. I will be there 4 rows back on Thursday. Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh.

Jason93 wrote: »
    Because we are ringrats and we thrive on the attention, I thought that was a giveaway ;)

I tried to confirm a booking and they said there was no record of that name in the service. So obviously its not there, tried the Clarion, best western, jurys, clarion, herbert park and the westbury and nothing. I went by one of their real names too.

Anybody have any luck?

Someone already said a hotel employee told them it was the Best Western Plaza off O'Connell St

Someone already said a hotel employee told them it was the Best Western Plaza off O'Connell St
    I phoned up that and they said there was no record of that name (Chris Irvine).

So unless he asked "Are the WWE staying here this week?" and they said yes, so they'd get his money when he turned up disappointed, I don't know.

• Advertisement

Jason93 wrote: »
    I phoned up that and they said there was no record of that name (Chris Irvine).

So unless he asked "Are the WWE staying here this week?" and they said yes, so they'd get his money when he turned up disappointed, I don't know.

*sigh*

taken from earlier in the thread, take it as true if you like:

*sigh*

taken from earlier in the thread, take it as true if you like:
    I saw that, but i wanted to make sure to see if anyone else heard anything. i'm coming a far distance so i dont wanna show up disappointed. I'm booking a hotel regardless but i just wanted to get the one they're in.

With the draft im dying to see who will be at the Dublin show. I just hope Hunter, Jericho and HBK will be there

Draft won't affect it, so i reckon you'll get Jericho and HBK, but no Triple H. I'm actually wondering if HBK will be there now though.
    There was 0% mention of him on RAW

Anyone know of any signings or anything going on? I'd love to bump into Kane sometime, and i feel this is the last time he'll ever be walking on Irish land.

Anyone know of any signings or anything going on? I'd love to bump into Kane sometime, and i feel this is the last time he'll ever be walking on Irish land.

If you do get to meet him, please for the love of humanity, do not wear that Kane suit!!

Are Raw anywhere In Europe Tonight so that we could know if HBK is touring or not?

• Advertisement

Smackdown/Ecw are in the US today.
    And with Raw live last night my guess would be that they are traveling early today to be rested for the European leg of the tour.

http://www.wwe.com/schedules/events/?country=United%20States

Draft won't affect it, so i reckon you'll get Jericho and HBK, but no Triple H. I'm actually wondering if HBK will be there now though.
    There was 0% mention of him on RAW

Surely all the RAW guys who got drafred will be at tthe SD taping in Tenessee tonight, no? They would hardly travel straight after the show for Dublin tomorrow night. That leaves me to think that we'll get the RAW roster
    with MiZ, MVP , Big Show etc but not Y2J, Punk and Kane.

Hi Guys So I Am really excited about going down to meet the wwe superstars but one thing Im wondering is what is the best time to go down. Can't afford to stay for hours down in the hotel?

Ok now that some of the drafts have obviously been spoilt for those who didn't see it, I will say this one more time. If spoiler tags aren't used, it's a 2 week ban. No exceptions!

Congratulations JohnJericho, you're the first, everyone else can follow his example.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Ok now that some of the drafts have obviously been spoilt for those who didn't see it, I will say this one more time. If spoiler tags aren't used, it's a 2 week ban. No exceptions!

Congratulations JohnJericho, you're the first, everyone else can follow his example.
    Ah In fairness JohnJericho found out what hotel the wwe are staying in, we should give him a break:D:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement