Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a name just a name.

Options
  • 05-04-2009 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to start off by saying that I wasn't sure which forum to put this into, so please move if I got it wrong.

I an constantly called the wrong name by people who are known to me, not personal friends more like casual acquintances and work contacts. the weird thing is it's always the exact same name...always. and it happens all the time. As soon as people refer to me by this wrong name I ask them why they called me it, most can't explain it as they know the name my parents gave me.

I belive in Angels and think my this may be my angels name.
    Any ideas? It happened again yesterday and I think it may be some sort of sign.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I would like to start off by saying that I wasn't sure which forum to put this into, so please move if I got it wrong.

I an constantly called the wrong name by people who are known to me, not personal friends more like casual acquintances and work contacts. the weird thing is it's always the exact same name...always. and it happens all the time. As soon as people refer to me by this wrong name I ask them why they called me it, most can't explain it as they know the name my parents gave me.

I belive in Angels and think my this may be my angels name.
    Any ideas? It happened again yesterday and I think it may be some sort of sign.

They probably overheard other people using the mis-name

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

bluewolf wrote: »
    They probably overheard other people using the mis-name

All of the people would have referred to me by my birth name at some stage, also it happens too often from people who have never met so they can't have overheard it from someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'm not sure, but every Helena I know is DEADLY!

Seriously though, My OH who's name is Kieran has a nickname which everyone calls him, he was talking to someone who he has know for years who asked him his real name then told him that he doesn't look like a Kieran, he looks like a derek. Then next day, we were visiting my parents (who know him about 7-8 years) and my dad called him Derek. :D coincidence. Out of every name going 2 people who know him years called him Derek in the space of 24hrs.

I'm not sure, but every Helena I know is DEADLY!

Seriously though, My OH who's name is Kieran has a nickname which everyone calls him, he was talking to someone who he has know for years who asked him his real name then told him that he doesn't look like a Kieran, he looks like a derek. Then next day, we were visiting my parents (who know him about 7-8 years) and my dad called him Derek. :D coincidence. Out of every name going 2 people who know him years called him Derek in the space of 24hrs.

Interesting alright.

But i have been constantly been called this name for as long as i remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Interesting alright.

But i have been constantly been called this name for as long as i remember.

Do you ever practise any type of meditation?

I found after my reiki attunement I was able to distinguish between a real meaning and a coincidence better. I guess more clarity came as I opened up more spiritually.

If it's something you're interesting in finding out more about, would you consider having a reading done by a medium or angel healer?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Its a strange one, but always, you got to exclude all the normal explanations before heading for a spiritual or paranormal one. For instance, I get called 'Jenny' all the time, cos I get mixed up with another similar business close to us with a girl of that name. I also used to get called Lisa, cos I look very similar to that girl who lives near where I do.

I dont know the name you get called, but you could look like an actress/weather girl/barmaid/newsreader of that name. It could be explained with something like that.

BUT.:) If you want to see it as a sign, then do. Cos even if its not, the fact that you are thinking along those lines would mean you have developed an awareness of spirit around you. Regardless of the name thing, all you need to do is aknowledge that you know they are there, and be happy to have em about. Anything further you get from them will come in due time, its not something you need to even look for particularly, or stress about, it will just happen, I dont know what it will be for you, but when you do get a sign, youll grin about it, Im sure.

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Do you ever practise any type of meditation?

I found after my reiki attunement I was able to distinguish between a real meaning and a coincidence better. I guess more clarity came as I opened up more spiritually.

If it's something you're interesting in finding out more about, would you consider having a reading done by a medium or angel healer?

I don't practice meditation as sorts.

I would consider a medium or angel healer, but not before I really tried to understand the message myself.

Oryx wrote: »
    Its a strange one, but always, you got to exclude all the normal explanations before heading for a spiritual or paranormal one. For instance, I get called 'Jenny' all the time, cos I get mixed up with another similar business close to us with a girl of that name. I also used to get called Lisa, cos I look very similar to that girl who lives near where I do.

I dont know the name you get called, but you could look like an actress/weather girl/barmaid/newsreader of that name. It could be explained with something like that.

BUT.:) If you want to see it as a sign, then do. Cos even if its not, the fact that you are thinking along those lines would mean you have developed an awareness of spirit around you. Regardless of the name thing, all you need to do is aknowledge that you know they are there, and be happy to have em about. Anything further you get from them will come in due time, its not something you need to even look for particularly, or stress about, it will just happen, I dont know what it will be for you, but when you do get a sign, youll grin about it, Im sure.

It happens far too often with too many people arcoss a very board spectrum. I started to notice it a few years ago and then I became aleart when I hear the name.

A lot of people would call me "the name" and nearly instantly correct themselves. recently I have started asking people why they said it, 9 times out of 10 they don't know why. one guy told me he just got off the phone with a guy of that name.

I wouldn't have picked up on this if it didn't happen so regularly. it happened again the day I posted this.

Oryx, your last paragraph is very interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 xxTrotsky69xx

wow...this stuff is a little spooky! ive never been called by the wrong name, so maybe this is a bit off topic, but does anyone find like they can get a feel for someone and what theyre like from hearing their name? like it re-sonates psychically in some way? like the name is part of who they are or it shapes them in some way?

back on topic the normal explanations make sense but still, dont give up looking for a deeper explanation, you dont know what you might find if you dig deeper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭starchild

there are groups/individuals that believe that you chose your name prior to your birth and that the name itself is attuned to certain aims or certain situations that you set out to achieve or overcome

the thought is that when you reach a point in your life where you have managed to achieve what you set out to do that you experience a change of name

maybe this is what is occuring to you, i dont fully recollect where i read this but ill run through my books and post up a link/reference which hopefully may help

it may take few days

• Advertisement
Advertisement