Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed on breakfast counter build

Options
  • 05-04-2009 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

Looking for some advice on building a breakfast counter that I'm planning as part of a new kitchen installation, don't really have much carpentry experience but am fairly confident I can complete without any serious issues. I planning to add a breakfast counter perpendicular to a concrete wall, my question is whether I should use build a brick and morter backing wall or would a 2x4 frame covered in MDF provide enough support in addition to the kitchen cabinets under the counter.

Thanks,
    K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Scratchface

Most islands I've fitted have been normal kitchen base unit joined together, with a side faceing panel on the visable end's and just a back panel. You won't need a brick wall or timber frame. Also the rule with Islands etc, is to leave 900mm, free space all round for clearence between the rest of the kitchen presses. Best of luck.

Advertisement