Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aldi running specials

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

I like their socks and I need some. So thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭gmurran

Clothes and socks don't seem that cheap.

In my opinion you would want to be mad to trust Aldi runners if your doing more than a light jog a week. Even then your risking allot.

Thanks for the info.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Those socks look alright actually might pop in and have a looksy at them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭Ms Inquisitive

Will these items not be available til Thursday or if I popped in Wed, might I get lucky? I missed the Lidl offer so gonna snap this one up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Will probably grab some socks and another pair of capris.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

the aldi gear is usually much better quality then lidl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

SUNGOD wrote: »
    the aldi gear is usually much better quality then lidl

Totally agree! I didn't think much of the Lidl gear but did buy a pair of their socks which were only Ok.

Aldi gear is much better quality in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 703 ✭✭✭lecheile

gmurran wrote: »
    Clothes and socks don't seem that cheap.

In my opinion you would want to be mad to trust Aldi runners if your doing more than a light jog a week. Even then your risking allot.

Thanks for the info.
    gmurran - not sure if I'd agree with your assessment of Aldi runners, I have bought a few pairs and admitedly mainly only use them in winter for 'dirty' runs, but they do the job and I have never suffered any ill effects from wearing them. I also recall that Runner's World did a review (a while back) on their runners and were very positive about them. Worth a try for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mrak

I see this time they have a special on those new fangled hydration gels as well:

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/58_8758.htm

mrak wrote: »
    I see this time they have a special on those new fangled hydration gels as well:

€5.99 for 500 g is a pretty good deal :D

• Advertisement

mrak wrote: »

Do you need to mix these with water or use it neat? I use the 5g measuring spoon that comes with it for everything, worth it for the spoon alone!

lecheile wrote: »
    Do you need to mix these with water or use it neat?

Hardcore training requires it neat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Cole

I picked up a pair of shorts and a gym bag. As usual they do the job perfectly well, but if anyone is thinking of getting the sports earphones...don't, ridiculously bad sound quality.

Cole wrote: »
    I picked up a pair of shorts and a gym bag. As usual they do the job perfectly well, but if anyone is thinking of getting the sports earphones...don't, ridiculously bad sound quality.

Thanks for that, forgot they were due out today...

Any of the other gear look half decent? I know if I go to the shop I'll just buy more stuff that I dont actually need - but if someone else recommends it - that's ok!

I bought a pair of capris and a pair of shorts. Fit is pretty good - medium is perfect on me (size 14).

Also bought a pineapple. Om nom nom nom fresh pineapple. :)

I bought a pair of capris and a pair of shorts. Fit is pretty good - medium is perfect on me (size 14).

Also bought a pineapple. Om nom nom nom fresh pineapple. :)
    Thanks Rainbow K - I may go and buy a pineapple myself.

Who would have thought -

Nutrition and Calories in Pineapple
    Water content (grams per 100g) 86.46
    Calorie content of Food (kcals per 100g/3.5oz) 48
    Protein content (grams per 100g) 0.54
    Fat content (lipids) (grams per 100g) 0.12
    Ash content (grams per 100g) 0.24
    Carbohydrate content (grams per 100g) 12.63
    Dietary Fiber content (grams per 100g) 1.4
    Sugar content (grams per 100g) 9.26

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

if anyone is thinking of getting the sports earphones...don't, ridiculously bad sound quality.

+1
    Except I have gotten burnt here...:confused:
    Their fit is perfect but the sound quality leaves alot to be desired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Went into decathlon in Paris at the weekend.

Stuff there is such great value. We are so ripped off in this country.

Would love to see decathlon opening up. However, they'd probably double their prices if they came over here. :(

If it was the same price everywhere you could somewhat understand but when it's for half the price in the states it's hard to hand the money over. I mean, 70 euro for a pair of leggings. There's just something wrong with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭Genghis

Decathlon = my favourite store. Already in UK, hopefully its only a matter of time these guys open up and with a bit of luck replace Lifestyle, Champion and all the other crappy 'sports' stores we're blessed with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Socks, running tops and singlets all looked pretty good (picked up a fair few pairs of socks). Running jacket looked decent too, for the price. Head-phones looked really naff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

i got shorts,leggings and a jacket....all for 30 euro's

recession !!!!! what recession

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭pudgey22

I got caught with the earphones too, crazy how bad the quality is,got the jacket aswell, i'm a bit,well, pudgey, and the XL doesn't really doing me any favours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭Cole

lecheile wrote: »
    Any of the other gear look half decent?
    I've bought some of the stuff thats currently on offer, in the past.
    The clothing is a bargain and decent quality, although the zips can be a bit dodgy.
    pudgey22 wrote: »
    I got caught with the earphones too, crazy how bad the quality is
    eliwallach wrote: »
    +1
    Except I have gotten burnt here...:confused:
    Their fit is perfect but the sound quality leaves alot to be desired.
    I'm bringing mine back tomorrow. Once you have your receipt, goods can be returned.
    I bought 2 pairs...I'm a sucker for this stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

I've bought some of the stuff thats currently on offer, in the past.
    The clothing is a bargain and decent quality, although the zips can be a bit dodgy.
    quote]

The Lidl jacket that I bought has a dodgy zip as well- but sure it only cost 10e or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Firstly, don't ask why I'm on here at this hour!!

Secondly, What's the best Aldi to visit? I have been to the Santry Ave one but it's crap for this kind of stuff!

Any of the quieter ones, I went to the new one in Tallaght and it was almost dead at 11am - all sizes available in pretty much everything.

Just back from a 15mile run with my newly purchased Aldi Running Socks - very comfortable and did the job - for €3.99 they are cracking value.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Genghis wrote: »
    Decathlon = my favourite store. Already in UK, hopefully its only a matter of time these guys open up and with a bit of luck replace Lifestyle, Champion and all the other crappy 'sports' stores we're blessed with.

You're being kind using the word sport there. They're fashion stores. Although credit to Champion and Lifestyle they're better than JD Sports. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

The lifestyle sports in Blanchardstown, not the one in the shopping centre, the ones besides 53 Degress North in the retail park across the road, is decent enough.

But agreed, sports stores in Ireland are terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭thirstywork

I hate when peopel say ''the zips are faulty'' ''but i only paid 10euro''
    Surelay this is not the point.
    I would buy fruit and veg from aldi or lidl but you aint never gona see me in any of their clothing and especially there running shoes.
    You need your head examined if you would wear them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭plodder

belcarra wrote: »
    Secondly, What's the best Aldi to visit? I have been to the Santry Ave one but it's crap for this kind of stuff!
    Is that the one between Santry and Ballymun? I was there yesterday and bought a top (~€6 ). Tried it today and it's excellent.

I would buy fruit and veg from aldi or lidl but you aint never gona see me in any of their clothing and especially there running shoes.

While I'd agree with you about the shoes - the clothing is fine. I'm a student, I'm *really* broke - Aldi and Lidl running gear is the best value I can find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

So you'd put their products inside you, but you wouldn't wear them on the outside? :confused::)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

I hate when peopel say ''the zips are faulty'' ''but i only paid 10euro''
    Surelay this is not the point.

I got two vests and a jacket from them over two years ago, they are still going strong. I wear the jacket when its raining so it get a fair bit of use, in fact it kept me warm at night in the desert recently. You can't really argue with that.

• Advertisement

A black bag would keep me warm in the desert at night ,would you argue with that?
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

I got one of their tops and jackets. The top is good. Wore it yesterday evening. I was going to try out the runners but found a pair of Asics on sale in Elvery's instead :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭helpisontheway

A black bag would keep me warm in the desert at night ,would you argue with that?

I would argue with that as Desert temperatures at night,depending on the desert of course can get down to 3 and 4 degrees celcius!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭violator13

Lets face it,the so called sports and even running shops have "ridden" us for years with their prices. Shop online or grab the Aldi and liddl gear..I saved 40e on a pair of racers compared to a Dublin running shop by going online..I dont mind paying a few quid more in a shop but come on.......

I would argue with that as Desert temperatures at night,depending on the desert of course can get down to 3 and 4 degrees celcius!:p
    I would argue that a black bag keeps you warmer at night in a desert than an aldi running top.
    its not just about heat as a duffle coat would keep me warmer but doesnt mean id be out running in one.
    We all like differnt clothing for differn't reasons.
    I usually buy Nike clothing as i find it looks good but most of all performs well ie dri fit material.
    Also any Nike top i usually buy last me years,you pay for what you get.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Oobie

I went in to 2 Aldis on Friday morning and there was very little left. No small size socks left and no watches. Loads of runners but I didn't need them so didn't pay attention to sizes.

I picked up a pair of shorts in size small but they're too big for me (probably a size 10 to 12) so I'm going to pass them on to a friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

anyone see the heart rate monitor watches in lidl ? 16.99 any comment ta.

Yes I would, I used one as well plastic will make you sweat and therefore not too comfortable, the jacket was defo better in keeping warm:D

I agree with you a black bag will make you sweat due to poor circulation but this proves my point about aldi or lidle tops and shorts,poor quality.Nike dri fit helps with wicking and keeps me dry.Aldi on the other hand is cheap and poor quality.

I agree with you a black bag will make you sweat due to poor circulation but this proves my point about aldi or lidle tops and shorts,poor quality.Nike dri fit helps with wicking and keeps me dry.Aldi on the other hand is cheap and poor quality.

I don't see the conection, how does that prove your point? At night I slept with a HH thermal top and the jacket the was actually little diference in the heat saving qualities of both though of course the HH was slightly superior.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Returned shorts (med) and running top (med) this morning, as both were bad fitting (for me - baggy) - full cash refund (and why not).
    Am however saddled with the head phones as I had opened the package and disposed of same :(.

Advertisement