Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CIMA

Options
  • 05-04-2009 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hello there,

I've just been offered a job on a graduate program and on my contract of employment it says that my continued employment would be subject to me passing the CIMA qualifications in a maximum of 2 resits. I would have no exemptions coming from an entierly different background.

I would just like to know if this would be achievable. Easy / hard. Do many people get all their exams first time?

Any comments / opinions would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭zootroid

Certificate level is a doddle, you will have no problem (you will still have to learn the material though of course!)

Some of the managerial papers can be tricky, but I don't think you should fail any one paper more than once.

I can't say anything about strategic level or TOPCIMA as I've yet to sit them (taking a career break at the moment) but they're bound to be more difficult.

Lastly, I'd strongly advise going to a revision course for any subject you feel you're having trouble with. I don't think I would have passed managerial without them.

At the end of the day though, it all comes down to how much work you are prepared to put in. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭swanvill

Hi,
    Congrats on the job offer. All I can say is I passed my ACCA exams first time, every time , it is tough and requires a lot of effort. Others who studied with me got their exams on the second sitting(if they failed the first time) but they worked flat out for it.

If you want to be an accountant go for it, learn the material & do every exam question you can lay your hands on, it is a lot of work but it can be done. Once you do that you will pass your exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gdfella

hasitating what to choose CPA, CIMA or ACCA - any advice?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement