Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nervous uneasy feeling at certain times !!

Options
  • 05-04-2009 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi,

Hope this is ok to query a problem I have been having before I approach my gp.
    Since Christmas, any time I go out to a pub/restaurant (and even happened lightly at my work place canteen- twice), I start to feel uneasy. I get hot and cold flushes and don't feel 100% at all. This would happen before I consume drinks or food. My hands would get very clammy and I would be very aware of the fact that I was uneasy. If I go outside and have a coke -the feeling goes away after about 30mins but the evening is ruined at that stage.
    I was thinking it may be a panic attack/anxiety attack but not too sure.
    I am a relatively fit 38 year old male and would be confident to be out and about but this has really knocked me over. I haven't changed any thing since Xmas to warrant this so wanted any opinions before I go to my gp for advice or whatever it is I need to do.

an add-on to this - I have fainted twice before over the last year but my gp found nothing wrong - blood pressure or diabetes (bro has it).

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You need to be referred to a consultant for diagnosis. We are unable to offer any medical advice on this forum. If you do receive a diagnosis and would like to discuss it with people in similar position- feel free to come back here. Until then I am locking this thread.

SMcCarrick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement