Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google maps labels

Options
  • 05-04-2009 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

(May not belong here)

This shouldn't be as difficult as I'm making it out to be, but I've been googling for about 2 days on it now.

I've created a few 'My Maps' in Google Maps and marked all the landmarks, etc. Now if I view this map in Google Earth, it gives me the satellite view, but I can see the labels I've applied to the landmarks. They appears beside the marker logo. However, I cannot get Google Maps to show me this same information by default - it pops up when I click on a marker, but I want it to be always there.

Alternatively, I'd like to reduce Google Earth's level of detail to the 'Map' level in Google maps.

Are either of these possible? I think it's possible using the API, but as far as I understand it, the API is only usable online and I want this to be a local thing. All I want is an image of the area I've chosen with say 3 landmarks on it that are neatly labelled.

Advertisement