Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

decorative stones around a lawn

Options
  • 05-04-2009 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi

any ideas on a good place to buy some decorative stone or brick that I can use around the edge of a lawn.

I tried all the big DIY places but the selection is rubbish and prices too high.

Any good places in the leinster area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 lickirishallsor

Try the adverts here on adverts.ie

Have fun picking out your grass clippings!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Justin_k wrote: »
    Hi

any ideas on a good place to buy some decorative stone or brick that I can use around the edge of a lawn.

I tried all the big DIY places but the selection is rubbish and prices too high.

Any good places in the leinster area?

I presume you mean to use bricks or natural stone (eg Sandstone) setts as a
    mowing strip along grass/lawn edge? Well these are best set in a mortar bed usually 25mm below lawn level and although I have seen bricks simply tapped into position and held by compacted soil on either side.

You can buy setts in good garden/diy/stone mercahnts including Natural Stone Yard (Ashbourne), Patio Centre (Cabinteely), Landscape Depot (Kiltipper) or try google for more?????????

Occasionally you may find some for nothing in skips (job overs/spoil etc). They're not that expensive < € 1.00 for a 200x100x100 sett.

Advertisement