Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SHOULD I BUY MERCENARIES 2??

Options
  • 05-04-2009 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭

hi just looking for opinions! do you think i should buy mercenaries 2??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

you could of just started 1 thread saying "Which of these games is good to buy"... just a thought :rolleyes:

Anyway, imo, yeah its a good buy if you like your sandbox games to be more fun than realistic. Mercs 2 is a lot like Just Cause in its format and location. So if you liked Just Cause you'll love this. It has the widest variety of vehicles, weapons and airstrikes that I've ever seen in any sandbox game.

I wrote a review of it here, and recorded a short video: Mercs 2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

thank you, well constructed and well put together! any views on hawx?

I'm playing through it at the moment. I personally prefered Mercs 2 due the variety and overall enjoyment. HAWX feels very unrealistic, I didn't want it to be a sim but then I didn't want it to feel like it does. It basically feels like a space fighter, as if gravity doesn't exist at all.

Then again I'm early into it. Comparing the 2 is like apples and oranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

thnks again for advice just seen on xboxlive i can download the 2 demos so im gonna give em a bash now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

I liked Mercs 2 but it will annoy you in lots of ways. It feels slightly unfinished.

I liked Mercs 2 but it will annoy you in lots of ways. It feels slightly unfinished.

"How's it going Merc" "LOOK OUT ITS THE MERC" "How's it going Merc" "LOOK OUT ITS THE MERC" "How's it going Merc" "LOOK OUT ITS THE MERC" "How's it going Merc" "LOOK OUT ITS THE MERC"

Yeah that got old fast. Probably my only gripe with the game was the NPC dialogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

L31mr0d wrote: »
    "How's it going Merc" "LOOK OUT ITS THE MERC" "How's it going Merc" "LOOK OUT ITS THE MERC" "How's it going Merc" "LOOK OUT ITS THE MERC" "How's it going Merc" "LOOK OUT ITS THE MERC"

Yeah that got old fast. Probably my only gripe with the game was the NPC dialogue.

"She's over there! Behind that cover! There she is! Shoot her! She's with us! The enemy is here! Kill her!".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Worth a buy now @20 blips, IF possible get a mate to get it and play the single player in coop.

Between that and saints row 2 possibly thr best fun related coop gaming ever.

Many an LOL in both of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

supposed to be buggy as hell

• Advertisement

MooseJam wrote: »
    supposed to be buggy as hell

aside from the odd dialogue glitch I didn't notice any bugs on the PC version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

L31mr0d wrote: »
    aside from the odd dialogue glitch I didn't notice any bugs on the PC version.

Bad review I guess, I'm coming across a lot of them lately , just got a 4850x2 today and all the reviews said it sounded like a hoover on idle, well it doesn't , so now I have 70 quids worth of alternative vga coolers to go up on adverts, maybe I'll sue

Advertisement