Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dream 8 (with vids/spoilers)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Thanks , forgot that this was on in Japan today. Usually airs in the US a week later, find a few of the fight can be hard to follow with japanese commentary , like at dream 7 where there was a yellow card issued and i couldnt figure out why lol.

WEC is tonight also if i remember correctly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

calex71 wrote: »
    WEC is tonight also if i remember correctly.

It is so along with Wrestlemania :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭wayne1

monson same submission as last week in belfast :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Aye yeah, north/south choke. He caught Branden Lee Hinkle with it in the UFC aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

Have 30 punches to the back of the head before I tap out:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I thought that this was tonight. There's too much stuff on this weekend

Did Minowaman and Shibata main event the show?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The final line of a review I just read said:
    CARD OF THE YEAR SO FAR. And gonna be hard to top. Do NOT miss this.

I think I may track this down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

jpaccl.jpg

Awesome

rovert wrote: »
    The final line of a review I just read said:

I think I may track this down.

HDNET usually air it a week later in the us so no english rip till saturday id say :mad: if ur ok with Jap commentary then its out there already ;) to be "aquired" for me i love Bas on commentary :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

rovert wrote: »
    It is so along with Wrestlemania :pac:

Just watching Wrestlemania and Frank Shamrock is in the crowd....:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

Have 30 punches to the back of the head before I tap out:eek:
    In fairness when you have a head as meaty as Monson's you probably don't feel a thing.

Does anyone think maybe that's his favourite choke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

I was at his seminar last week and he showed that choke at the end.

More of a crank I think.

He called me out to show how to open guard with a guy with long legs.

He guy is a beast. Not very tall but one solid mofo. Would be seriously tough to armbar or choke him he's that stocky.

He also looked like he was carrying an injury. Plus he seemed like a very quiet sort of guy. I was expecting a bit more of a lose cannon after all the publicity with the anarchy thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Its a choke if you do it right, should be no cranking at all. Positioning is very important, or else it wont work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

i think Monson is a really interesting guy. But!

He looks like a Nazi. I'm sorry to say that about the guy when I know he isn't and he's nothing of the sort. But that's the way he looks with his physique, tattoos and hair cut.

He looks awkward. He looks completely disproportioned, if I didn't already know he's an elite grappler who has fought some of the best HW in the world in MMA I'd put him down as an amateur hard man.

The way he pulled guard/half guard just looked messy against Kharintov but what can I say, he got on top soon enough.

Just watching Wrestlemania and Frank Shamrock is in the crowd....:D

interesting given the company he was in, does that give grounds to the story that he will be in stallones new flick i wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

He didn't seem the most athletic of guys but looked like he could deadlift 4 dublin buses at once

I was surpised how easy he handled sergey

While his seminar was quite basic I walked away with a few good points. I went to the NOG one years ago in dublin and came away with nothing that I ever used

Advertisement