Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diabetes and weight gaining

• 05-04-2009 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭

This is a continue of the last thread as "des" locked it saying it was not a medical forum:rolleyes:...

anyway eileen i was talking to the doc but they dont give advice on any supplements etc to anybody he told me

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Its normal for a diabetic consultant to refer any patient with nutritional queries to a qualified dietician. Most hospitals have a number of dieticians on their staff for this reason (among others). It is not reasonable to request nutritional assistance from strangers over the internet, who are not fully aware of your medical condition.

My wife, who is also a Type 1 diabetic, has recently attended the dietician and nutritionalist in St. Vincents. Seek a referal from your consultant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

smccarrick wrote: »
    Seek a referal from your consultant.

Thank you.

tv3.

Go. See. A. Doctor.

Don't open another thread.

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement