Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can you install ms office 2003 on xp 2007 os?

• 05-04-2009 5:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭

Im trying to do this.
    I had all the files on my old laptop and Im trying to put them on my new one. But I am getting an error saying this os is not configured to run this application.

Ive uninstalled the trial 07 office I got but its still happening. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

What do you mean XP 2007 OS?

XP is from 2002.

I've installed Word 2.0a on XP. Thats from before Office 4.3 about 1992 or 1991!.

The old files do you no good. You need an Install CD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

its just had 2007 on it.
    I dont have the cd anymore.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Microsoft have a knowledge base article HERE explaining how to fully remove Office 2007, Try doing that then installing version 2003, Office 2003 was designed for Windows XP so it should run on it no issiues, it also works fully on Vista

Nick

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

OT

you can install Office 2000 on vista but http://officeupdates.microsoft.com don't work on it so use psi from secunia to get the patches

/OT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Some versions of office, not only do you need CD to install, but also to UN-INSTALL!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

I have got Xp office and Office 2007 on Vista,no problem :) just that Word has a little loading whenever you are switching different version.

Advertisement