Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.22 BB/CB ammo?

Options
  • 05-04-2009 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Folks a friend of mine has Tinnitus. He was a life time shooter and loved the sport before his hearing was effected due to work. He has used ear protection of all sorts while shooting but finds that it still caused him pain for days after while using even sub sonic ammo in his .22. The only ammo that he can use is BB or CB for the .22 without effecting his condition. He is down to his last box of ammo and cant find anyone who stocks this ammo here. Can anyone help? Anyone know of a dealer with it in stock? Or has anyone got some? I will by it from them. I dont want to see him give up shooting as he is a close friend who loves to shoot. All or any help wellcome;) This is what boards shooting is really about. Helping each other out:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

chem wrote: »
    Folks a friend of mine has Tinnitus. He was a life time shooter and loved the sport before his hearing was effected due to work. He has used ear protection of all sorts while shooting but finds that it still caused him pain for days after while using even sub sonic ammo in his .22. The only ammo that he can use is BB or CB for the .22 without effecting his condition. He is down to his last box of ammo and cant find anyone who stocks this ammo here. Can anyone help? Anyone know of a dealer with it in stock? Or has anyone got some? I will by it from them. I dont want to see him give up shooting as he is a close friend who loves to shoot. All or any help wellcome;) This is what boards shooting is really about. Helping each other out:D

if you pm me details of the ammo and maker i will try my best to locate some

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭chem

jwshooter wrote: »
    if you pm me details of the ammo and maker i will try my best to locate some

This is the type of ammo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_CB

It also comes as a BB type bullet. The rounds are only about half an inch in length or smaller. I thimk the rounds he has left have and acorn stamp on the bottom. Cheers for any help lads:)

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Would it not be easier for your friend to put a moderator on his rifle. Did he ever try .22 short which is readily available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 BillKraatz

These folks in Georgia should be able to help.
    http://www.22ammo.com/bbcb_caps.html

Good luck,
    Bill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭mcguiver

They were available at some stage here in Ireland. I used them before when a friend had rat problems in his barn. He got them at one of the shooting contests where they were selling ammo. Claimed they were designe for indoor use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement