Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero: Metallica....

Options
  • 05-04-2009 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

So, did anyone else import this?? I got it last Thursday from the fantastic people at vg+...

I'm a big fan of Metallica's music so it's like this was made for me! Rock Band looks better, plays better and has a much better UI, but the effort put in here is great, as is playing the expert + drum difficulty and the track list is great too!

If you're on the fence and like Metallica, any part of their career for that matter, pick it up. €47 delivered :)

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I've heard the expert plus pedal splitter is SERIOUSLY BROKEN.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

If you're on the fence and like Metallica, any part of their career for that matter, pick it up. €47 delivered :)

I'm really torn on this! I do like a lot of their earlier stuff, but i still have a big beef with a lot of the songs that were chosen for the game.

I'll probably get it when it comes out here, but i'm in no major hurry for it otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I've heard the expert plus pedal splitter is SERIOUSLY BROKEN.

No experience with it. I'm playin on the RB1 kit, and doin the double bass stuff with one foot... Beast ;) That said I haven't played dyer's eve on drums yet... :o
    ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I'm really torn on this! I do like a lot of their earlier stuff, but i still have a big beef with a lot of the songs that were chosen for the game.

I'll probably get it when it comes out here, but i'm in no major hurry for it otherwise.

If that's the case, be prepared to sit through a few songs from Black album onwards before the setlist comes to a close with a flurry from Justice, Puppets, Lightning and KIA...

Biggest gripe I have with the game is the choice of the final song... Thing that should not be... wtf???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

No experience with it. I'm playin on the RB1 kit, and doin the double bass stuff with one foot... Beast ;) That said I haven't played dyer's eve on drums yet... :

Good luck with that one!:pac::pac::pac:

Biggest gripe I have with the game is the choice of the final song... Thing that should not be... wtf???

That sounds like a good choice....least its not an obvious MOP, Sandman, Seek etc.
    Looking forward to picking it up, shame there isn't a new "Metallica" guitar being relaesed with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Beekay wrote: »
    Good luck with that one!:pac::pac::pac:

That sounds like a good choice....least its not an obvious MOP, Sandman, Seek etc.
    Looking forward to picking it up, shame there isn't a new "Metallica" guitar being relaesed with it!

It's just so easy compared to what comes before it. To put it in perspective, you play Disposable Heroes, then Fight Fire with Fire.... then.... Thing. You're ripping it, then moved back to a pretty slow paced easy to 5* song! Thematically it fits, but that didn't do it for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Its a crap song to put last, its way too easy compared to the tier above it. Not commenting on the song itself at all just difficulty really.

Its nearly boring to play compared to others

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

Beekay wrote: »

oh but there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Ficus wrote: »
    I got it last week. Its so awesome. Its much harder than the previous versions of guitar hero i found.
    Man, nothing beats "Hit the lights" and "For whom the bell tolls" on expert guitar.
    I got a second bass pedal on te drums and hooked it up and its fantastic, you really need it becasue of lars and his double bass duckery!

Lol, i can't figure out if thats a compliment or a criticism!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Ficus wrote: »
    I got a second bass pedal on te drums and hooked it up and its fantastic, you really need it becasue of lars and his double bass duckery!

You know if you don't have a second pedal you just don't use expert+ and it only charts one bass pedal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 mantom

Love Guitar Hero.
    Love Metallica.

Love Guitar Hero: Metallica. :D

Haven't played it yet. Next Thursday is when it's happening. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

My first foray into the world of guitar games, really enjoying it and finding it adequately difficult but fun for what I wanted. I think I might be hooked.

Ah there's nothing like your first time. *sniff* reminds me of when I first played. Oh those were the days. Back then there was none of your fancy graphics, or achievements, or game producers buying your favourite series, murdering it, and dressing it up like some sort of dead dressed up lady of the night... It was a purer time, to be sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Ah there's nothing like your first time. *sniff* reminds me of when I first played. Oh those were the days. Back then there was none of your fancy graphics, or achievements, or game producers buying your favourite series, murdering it, and dressing it up like some sort of dead dressed up lady of the night... It was a purer time, to be sure...

Surrender on Guitar Hero II, first song I ever played.. I'll never forget it!

You never forget your first! Message in a bottle for me!

I can't play Guitar Hero II worth a damn anymore. To think I used to be able to 5 star Hangar 18 and Free Bird easily. Rock Band and GH3 timing windows ruined me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I can't play Guitar Hero II worth a damn anymore. To think I used to be able to 5 star Hangar 18 and Free Bird easily. Rock Band and GH3 timing windows ruined me!

Went back to playing RB2 tonight after GH:Hits and got destroyed :mad:
    For me at least the hammer on's in Gh and timing where just a little too forgiving it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Guitar Hero II for the 360.
    I remember thinking "Piece of piss, it's a plastic guitar", skipped to the second tier for Van Halen's "You Really Got Me" on medium...

... and got destroyed.
    Served me right for being an arrogant git.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Rock band timing windows are the same as guitar hero 2.

Rock band timing windows are the same as guitar hero 2.

Ah that can't be true! I play RB all the time and I went back to GHII and still sucked. D:

He's right, they're the same. I find the strum bar on the RB guitar is what makes life hard for me, particularly on alt strumming sections...

• Advertisement
Advertisement