Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoof Cracks!

Options
  • 05-04-2009 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

My horse came in from the field with a horizontal crack going from the side of his heel to about an inch around just under the coronary band. its a bit gappy and im worried about infection. no lameness or swelling. Do they heal themselves or whats the story? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭trevo

elaine13 wrote: »
    My horse came in from the field with a horizontal crack going from the side of his heel to about an inch around just under the coronary band. its a bit gappy and im worried about infection. no lameness or swelling. Do they heal themselves or whats the story? :)

my father's horse had this again after been out for the winter months but its not a big problem and dose grow out itself but deffo worth getting the vet to have a look or giving them a call...but he continue to train with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

Any photos?

If it isn't too bad, then you should use a spray (such as blue foot rot spray) to prevent any infection.

Advertisement