Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies Basketball Galway area!

Options
  • 05-04-2009 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi, im pretty new to this so..i hope i do this right! :confused:
    im looking for a ladies basketball club in galway. i played a few years ago but never to a serious level, im not the fittest so im looking for a team that's not too hard-core!
    thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Not affiliated with the club, so i can't give you any specific details, but, as far as i know, the Titans club in Galway run a number of team's; catering to all abilities, fitness levels, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gillyeile

ok thanks a million! il look into it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DinnyG

Hi Gillyeile

I've been playing basketball for the last two years in galway and have been playing with titans club. The club caters for those of all abilities and there are two teams of different abilities so people can slot in where they are best suited. There is a great social side to titans club and i found the girls to be very welcoming when i joined and there are always plenty of nights out for those interested! The season is over but mixed scrimmages and social basketball is starting up now if your interested.
    Their website is www.titans.ie or if you want more info let me know!!:D

DinnyG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mellor44

Hi Dinny G,

Im definitely interested in playing social basketball at the moment if there is a league?

Can you give me some more info.. im a 31 y/o aussie female.

cheers

Carly

Hi
    At the moment there is no summer league up and running but there is a mixed scrimmage tonight (and prob every wed now) Wed 22nd June in Westside court from 8pm-930pm that might suit. Guys and girls of varying abilities show up but it might be worth a try. If nothing else you will get to meet a few of the girls who can keep you filled in on what is going on with the ladies side of things.
    Good luck!
    D

• Advertisement

fantastic, I will come down on Wed night.

Where is the stadium and how much does it cost to play?

cheers,

Carly

Actually, is it Wednesday or is it tonight?

No its wednesday night. Westside is not far from the back of the university hospital. Its across the road from the peugot/topaz garage. You'll see a yellow building with art/graffiti on one of the side walls-its in there. It costs just 3 euro and you should be able to find someone who can give you more details on the club. I'm not going myself but i'll ask one of the girls to keep an eye out for you.

Cheers for that info Dinny G!

I will definitely be there so will quote your name when im floundering around by myself trying to get a game hehehe.

Carly

No one will know that name! I've asked one of girls to look out for you-there won't be that many girls there so you'll be spotted! Time is dished out fair enough so you'll be grand!

• Advertisement
Advertisement