Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand banking scam in the US, possible in Ireland?

Options
  • 05-04-2009 8:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I invite you all to watch this interview shown on PBS in the USA (not a crackpot conspiracy site for a change) and debate this issue in relation to the Irish banking system.
    Many people I have talked to are of the opinion that in Ireland the Financials, the Government and the Regulators seem all to be of the same cloth. I personally think that if we want to get out of the situation we are in right now, this triad should be the first target of action, with the key measure of providing transparency to muddled relationships and exposing any links, them being significant or not.

I and perhaps others would like your views and (well reputed referenced) sources that might provide insight and confirmation of this hypothesis. I will try to contribute regularly to this discussion with debate and material.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭NewDubliner

Baars wrote: »
    I and perhaps others would like your views and (well reputed)
    You're very formal and businesslike in your approach.

In the interests of transparency, how about some general indicators about who you represent? To what purpose will replies here be put? With no track record of postings, I and perhaps others cannot form an opinion of your attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

@NewDubliner - "I and perhaps others would like your views" reads to me like he is just saying that this might be topic of general interest to the forum.

Plus, I'm listening to this at the moment and it seems very relevant. I don't know how true everything they're saying is, but all he seems to be calling for is a proper investigation of the financial crisis, open and complete, like an investigation of an air accident.

Conspiracy fact, it seems like to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Conspiracy forum tbh.

Be gone Wicked Witch. You have no power in Munchen Land.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Luckily the whole conversation is transcribed under the video, which makes it refreshingly easy to debate.

towit
    Geithner is publicly saying that it's going to take $2 trillion — a trillion is a thousand billion — $2 trillion taxpayer dollars to deal with this problem. But they're allowing all the banks to report that they're not only solvent, but fully capitalized. Both statements can't be true. It can't be that they need $2 trillion, because they have masses losses, and that they're fine.

Would you say that the above claim is true or false?

Has Geithner said what he's reported to have said and are banks also reporting that they are solvent?

Advertisement