Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closed for stupid reason

Options
  • 05-04-2009 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭

""DES"" closed my thread that i set up to get suggestions etc,hers what he said when i re-opened a similar thread.....

Des
    white_star_4.gif

Adverts | Friends
    Mod: Aussie Rules Football, Boards Team, Boardscasts, Dublin City, Food & Drink, PFJ, News & Media, Rugby, Smoking
    im_msn.gif desfeeney

You have received an infraction at boards.ie
    Dear tv3,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie.

Reason: Being Naughty
    thanks

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59698862
    Quote:
    This is a continue of the last thread as "des" locked it saying it was not a medical forumrolleyes.gif...

anyway eileen i was talking to the doc but they dont give advice on any supplements etc to anybody he told me
    All the best,
    boards.ie

Now this is ott as this is a forum to get suggestions,advice,help etc...no big deal but can he EXPLAIN this:eek:""""he cant be that bored""

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

He explained it, you were asking for medical advice essentialy. If you have type 1 diabetes and are wanting info on how to gain weight then you shouldn't be asking for unqualified opinions. We have a very strict policy on medical advice here. But there are other forums on the internet that feel it's ok to facilitate such discussion, so have a look around. Sorry.

Incidentally, if your thread is ever locked it's not a good idea opening up a new thread on the same forum about the same thing, best to PM the mod if you are unsure as to why it was locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Thanks Gordon for allowing me to reply.

As Gordon has pretty much already said, asking for medical advice is not allowed here, which is why I locked the original thread. And I also explained that on the thread.

You received the infraction because you subsequently opened an identical thread to continue your conversation. Which I also explained.

If a thread is closed it means no more discussion of that topic.

Des

Advertisement