Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multicultural Day, Riverstown

Options
  • 05-04-2009 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭

Did anyone go?
    It was nice to see the French Market again, but I thought it was better other years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Didn't even know it was on..When was it Val?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

It was today....I was meant to post about it before hand, but my head is all over the place at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Didn't even know it was on..When was it Val?

+1. Or was it just a French Markets type of thing ?

It was mainly the French Market, although there were also stalls from other countries like Spain, Poland, Japan lots of different cultures there.
    Also live music. Although I didn't see anyone in national costume like there was last year.
    There were also bouncy castles and face painting for the kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

magnumlady wrote: »
    It was today....I was meant to post about it before hand, but my head is all over the place at the moment.

It's grand,we can hardly blame you for not posting about it.PLenty of other things have been on your mind.
    I'm sure you have plenty of photos of it.

• Advertisement

Thanks Mark.
    I do have a lot of photos, just going through them at the moment, I've got a video as well....if I can find the right editing programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

The most interesting thing in Riverstown these days is that it currently has the bumpiest road in the world. It's like a cart pass at the moment and has been since Christmas. It's so bad it's dangerous and will seriously f@ck up a car if you hit it at any speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

il gatto wrote: »
    The most interesting thing in Riverstown these days is that it currently has the bumpiest road in the world. It's like a cart pass at the moment and has been since Christmas. It's so bad it's dangerous and will seriously f@ck up a car if you hit it at any speed.

Try the 'road' the Sligo side of Sooey! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

genie wrote: »
    Try the 'road' the Sligo side of Sooey! :rolleyes:

I have. Riverstown is worse. Especially pat the barracks as you're leaving. And past Cooperhill gates. Sooey is pretty brutal as well though. And a special mention for the Keadue side of Mountallen. Not the worst, but a special prize for consistant badness through the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

il gatto wrote: »
    I have. Riverstown is worse. Especially pat the barracks as you're leaving. And past Cooperhill gates. Sooey is pretty brutal as well though. And a special mention for the Keadue side of Mountallen. Not the worst, but a special prize for consistant badness through the years.

Thanks, very usefull info incase Mrs.T goes over her due date!!!

Lose a car gain a baby!

• Advertisement

There's a short video from the day here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91mFmwg2PoM

Advertisement