Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just moved to a new house, want to buy some stuff ,anyone recommend good stores?

Options
  • 05-04-2009 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Just move to a new house, want buy some stuff for the house, like curtains, rug, mats, coasters, table cover, apron, oven gloves, photo frames, some decoration flowers, etc.

can anybody recommend good stores? what is the usual way to buy those stuff here?

many thanks,

don't like argos where can't see the real stuff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 spiking

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭pcardin

Argos catalogue. And then Argos.
    I would go to TK MAXX

thanks~

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

If you are looking for cheaper stuff, try the discount store on north main st, great for rugs and other bits and pieces. Dunnes also have some really nice stuff, or out in mahon, I think its called homestore and more, they have everything you would need!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

IKEA !?!?!!?!:pac::pac: (btw i know your in cork , and thats all the way in Belfast)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

It would be brilliant if Ikea was in Cork, I love it!! But if they were, the stuff wouldnt be cheap anyway, they would probably raise the prices to match the costs here.... pity!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭GiftGrub100

Homestore + More in the Mahonpoint Retail Park would seem to have eveything that you would need.
    Some amazing stuff in that shop that I have never seen before, especially in the kitchen gadget section, and a large amount of candles ! what is the obsession with those things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Yeah Homestore + More is the best, always finding random kitchen gadgets I never knew I needed ;) Tesco in Mahon Point has a good selection of things like cheap tablemats, cutlery, saucepans, dustbins etc.

Sounds great! will go to have a look this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

spiking wrote: »
    Sounds great! will go to have a look this weekend.

That is in the retail park and not in the main shopping centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Brianb8802

Kenno90 wrote: »
    IKEA !?!?!!?!:pac::pac: (btw i know your in cork , and thats all the way in Belfast)

Saw a sign on the kinsale roundabout the other day advertising a guy who will go up to ikea in belfast and collect anything you need. Not sure of the price though.

Advertisement