Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fireplace troubles ... advice required ..

Options
  • 05-04-2009 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

hi in the process of doing up a small cottage and while replacing an old fireplace i found this when the old plaster and fireplace came out .... can anybody tell me where to start and what i need to do to install the new fireplace ....
    here are some pitcures any advice is great

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

Hi DJ Thats a back boiler in the pic so you need to check if its running or diconnected. You nmay encounter a problem matching up the insert of the fireplace to the back boiler as it seems to have been set back. has the wall been drylined? It loks to be if pic one is the same room. if so you need to fill this cavity so no smoke/heat can travel up between the wall and drylining. Is the cast iron insert filled at the back? I presume you also have a hearth?

Advertisement