Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Printing?

• 05-04-2009 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I've got alot of interest in my rally photos and one person has asked for a print so he can frame it,Does anyone know where i'd be best to go,Harvey norman?Spectra or just a local chemist....stcstc is one of the contenders also but i want to get some portfolio prints off him later and ordering from him now will probably make me blow alot of money getting prints done :pac:

Can anyone make any suggestion want to print A4 size so 10*8 will do,Online will be ok too

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Carrigman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

if you dont want to come to me

i suggest you go somewhere you can see the stuff, rather than online

that way you can look at the print in the shop and if there is anything wrong you can tell them

BUT

one thing to be aware off if your gonna sell prints you want to be certain of how long they are gonna last. you dont want someone coming back to you after a little while saying the prints are fading or something

s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

stcstc wrote: »
    if you dont want to come to me

i suggest you go somewhere you can see the stuff, rather than online

that way you can look at the print in the shop and if there is anything wrong you can tell them

BUT

one thing to be aware off if your gonna sell prints you want to be certain of how long they are gonna last. you dont want someone coming back to you after a little while saying the prints are fading or something

s

I'm gonna' send you a quick email

cool man

i got it and replied

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

stcstc is right.

I avoid the "high street" outlets as the main problem I find with them is the quality of the paper they use. Its just not good enough for pro use.

For my own printing I use a Canon Pixma printer with genuine Canon inks and genuine Canon Pro paper. I'm very happy with the results when using the pro paper. Ilford paper also gives nice results especially with a matt finish for B&W prints.

However there is a drawback (naturally...) and that is the cost. Its an expensive printer to feed and for commercial prints it'd really eat into margins.

Must get around to sending stcstc a PM regarding prints:)

• Advertisement

yea no worries

its the big downside to printing using a desktop printer, the cost of ink,

i did a calculation once before

for most of the a3+ printers ink costs approx 1.2 euros per Ml

for the bigger printers ink costs 40 cent for same

and for a 16*12 print your talking bout allowing 2 Ml of ink, so you can see the difference

Oh BTW i am awaiting delivery of my new printer, a bigger one, will be able to do prints up to 44" on the short side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

I'll be in contact shortly:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

stcstc wrote: »
    Oh BTW i am awaiting delivery of my new printer, a bigger one, will be able to do prints up to 44" on the short side

Jeez Steve, what if people want something printed big ;)

By the by, how many Ml would be used on a standard A4 print?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

We need a printing link created in the faq. Every week the same question keeps cropping up.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

landyman wrote: »
    We need a printing link created in the faq. Every week the same question keeps cropping up.....
    Yes, I couldn't agree more. It's getting REALLY frustrating at this stage!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

can you's not just not read the topic then? or better yet report the post and suggest to a moderator that an FAQ be made on the topic? no point complaining on the thread in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

can you's not just not read the topic then? or better yet report the post and suggest to a moderator that an FAQ be made on the topic? no point complaining on the thread in my opinion.

Agreed complaining in the thread only bumps it up again,I've requested other things in the faq and they've never been put in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I though that was for abusive posts only..... Ah well ya learn something new every day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well normally it is, maybe not report the post then for the reason that an FAQ should be made, but a friendly pm to one moderator wouldn't hurt either i suppose.

staying on topic, ricky have been looking at your recent shots on your flickr and i know them rally shots will look superb printed out poster size :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Used Snapfish for a 30*20 poster a few weeks ago. Was happy with the quality and couldn't really go wrong for a tenner.

Advertisement