Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carphone warehouse

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Why bother? It's 45 in XtraVision and you get Lego Indy and Kung Fu Panda with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Sounds intersting. Thanks.

Checked Xtravision today and yes they do an xbox wireless controller with two games but ONLY IF you buy an XBOX. :(

Will have to fork out for the game priced one now as I need for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Try Gamestop for the Controller and Two games pack.!I remember they used to sell it, but im not sure if they still do.!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Harvey Normans are selling that package as well. Check them out.

• Advertisement

Wife tried the Carphone Warehouse in Market Cross, on the off chance they would have the controller for €39.90, instead of ordering off the net. They did. :)

Brought it home and it had the two games inside. :D

All turned out great. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

kleefarr wrote: »
    Wife tried the Carphone Warehouse in Market Cross, on the off chance they would have the controller for €39.90, instead of ordering off the net. They did. :)

Brought it home and it had the two games inside. :D

All turned out great. ;)

What two games?

smooch71 wrote: »
    What two games?

Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda. They'll be good for the two young lads if I don't like them. :rolleyes:

Lego Indiana Jones and Kung Fu Panda. They'll be good for the two young lads if I don't like them. :rolleyes:

Sorry, maybe I'm stupid.

You get a wireless controller and both those games for €39.99? That sounds like a good offer.

Is it a plug and play or battery controller and do you have a choice of colours?

Sorry, maybe I'm stupid.

You get a wireless controller and both those games for €39.99? That sounds like a good offer.

Is it a plug and play or battery controller and do you have a choice of colours?

No.... €39.90 and yep it was a good deal. But as they said in Xtravision it is only for sale with an XBOX and it says so on the box it came in. It is wireless (batteries) and the original cream colour. No choice. I think the girl that was in Carphone Warehouse, covering for the normal guy at lunchtime, may have made a mistake. My wife said that she scanned it and it came up as €39.90 and no warning that you had to buy an XBOX. So not really her fault.

If you want to try in there, my wife went in about 12:30.

• Advertisement

No.... €39.90 and yep it was a good deal. But as they said in Xtravision it is only for sale with an XBOX and it says so on the box it came in. It is wireless (batteries) and the original cream colour. No choice. I think the girl that was in Carphone Warehouse, covering for the normal guy at lunchtime, may have made a mistake. My wife said that she scanned it and it came up as €39.90 and no warning that you had to buy an XBOX. So not really her fault.

If you want to try in there, my wife went in about 12:30.

Thanks, might take a spin down at lunchtime.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

They have that in HMV too I think, but the price was around the €45 mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I have one brand new in packaging that I don't want. I have an advert on adverts.ie, but I don't think they'll be too mad at me if I tell you here that I'm looking for 30euro for it and can meet thursday evening for friday morning.
    PM me if you want.

Thanks, might take a spin down at lunchtime.

Any luck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

all carphone warehouse sell these for 39.90, its not a mistake, buy away!

Advertisement