Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plaster outside garden wall

Options
  • 05-04-2009 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi Guys,

I've got a small wall in the front garden which I got extended by 2/3 foot in length.(2 foot high) It's a red brick wall .The original part of the wall had plaster on the back. It just looks like smooth cement.

If I need to do the other 3 foot myself, what do I need to do to complete the job? Is it just sand and cement, or is there something specific? What's the correct mixture.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ponyirl

use a 2-1 mix sand and cement and a drop of water proofer or if you've none to hand a drop of fairy liquid to make the mix more workable float it up well and leave it till its nearly gone off then trowel it with the steel trowel to make it smooth you might also need a light sprinkle of water to leave it as smooth as you'd like.

hope this helps

Advertisement