Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Title Race

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Liverpool: 67+19=86

Which would bring it all down to points difference, and with only 2 goals separating them in that area, that could go either way.

Can Liverpool win it? Yes
    Will it be easy? Absolutely not

People say that Liverpool's chances of winning are slim. But having a slim chance is better than having no chance.

I reckon your nuts if you actually believe Liverpool will get 19 out of their possible 21 points remaining. If they do I will support Liverpool next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

redout wrote: »
    I reckon your nuts if you actually believe Liverpool will get 19 out of their possible 21 points remaining. If they do I will support Liverpool next season.

I don't think it's nuts at all.

Blackburn (h) - expect us to win
    Arsenal (h) - tough
    Spurs (h) - expect us to win
    Newcastle (h) - expect us to run riot
    West Ham (a) - tough
    Hull (a) - expect us to win
    West Brom (a) - expect us to win.

The real tough games for me are Arsenal at home and toughest of all maybe West ham away. I expect us to get 16 points minimum. Anywhere between 16-21 points. 21 will win us the league i think. Unlikely, but possible.

If, and it's a big if, we keep this momentum and form going, then we could win all those matches. We are the form team in the league at the moment. We just need belief and, very importantly, luck on our side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

I don't think it's nuts at all.

Blackburn (h) - expect us to win
    Arsenal (h) - tough
    Spurs (h) - expect us to win
    Newcastle (h) - expect us to run riot
    West Ham (a) - tough
    Hull (a) - expect us to win
    West Brom (a) - expect us to win.

The real tough games for me are Arsenal at home and toughest of all maybe West ham away. I expect us to get 16 points minimum. Anywhere between 16-21 points. 21 will win us the league i think. Unlikely, but possible.

If, and it's a big if, we keep this momentum and form going, then we could win all those matches. We are the form team in the league at the moment. We just need belief and, very importantly, luck on our side.

Damn, you bet me to it :D

Liverpool have a great record against Arsenal at Anfield. They will come to play at Anfield and that will suit us. Teams who play to win suit us.

I actually think next weeks game against Blackburn will be one of the hardest we have left as they will come to defend for a point and this is where Liverpool have struggled this season.

Saying that, almost every game at that this stage of the season is a tough one so the old cliche of take one game at the a time certainly applies.

The title race will depend on some luck with injuries/suspensions also. If it goes to the last day I may need a few stents in my ticker.

One things for certain, I'm fcuking loving it ! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It uniteds to lose.

All 3 have to play Arsenal but i think Liverpool have that game at the right time with a weeks rest after the Champions League game with Chelsea before playing Arsenal, who play Chelsea in an FA Cup final in the big Wembley pitch the Saturday before the Liverpool game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Liverpool have a great record against Arsenal at Anfield.

Wouldn't say great - you win 04, 06 and 07 but then have to go back to 2000 or 2001 AFAIK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Next weekends results for me will decide it. I fancy Liverpool to beat Blackburn but Utd could slip up at Sunderland. As a pool fan I'm just glad they are still in with a shout in April. I don't think Arsenal will play a big part in it as they are playing well and could get 3 draws against the top 3

weird logic. So if Liverpool beat Blackburn and Man Utd drop 2 or 3 points, how on earth is it 'decided' when Liverpool have 6 games left, and Man Utd have 7 and they will be really close to each other points wise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Unearthly wrote: »
    weird logic. So if Liverpool beat Blackburn and Man Utd drop 2 or 3 points, how on earth is it 'decided' when Liverpool have 6 games left, and Man Utd have 7 and they will be really close to each other points wise.

It was only after I read what I wrote, I contradicted myself....what I meant to say is those are the results I might expect, but if Liverpool lose next weekend, then its over....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I'm a firm believer in never say never but I think Liverpool fans are deluding themselves if they think Sunderland (DLDLLL) are going to get anything out of a game with United.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i don't think Sunderland will get anything from Utd.

However, i do think that Spurs,Arsenal,Hull,City & Middlesborough are all more than capable of doing damage to Utd.

Ya never know, they are fighting for their lives.

It would be foolish to dismiss any team imo

Mr Alan wrote: »
    i don't think Sunderland will get anything from Utd.

However, i do think that Spurs,Arsenal,Hull,City & Middlesborough are all more than capable of doing damage to Utd.

My god man. One could equally say that:

Blackburn
    Arsenal
    Newcastle
    West Ham
    Hull
    Spurs

are all more than capable of doing damage to Liverpool. Some Pool supporter earlier said that Liverpool will get 19 out of 21 points.

LoL man, LoL.

Neither United nor Liverpool will get anywhere near maximum points from their remaining fixtures in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

My god man. One could equally say that:

Blackburn
    Arsenal
    Newcastle
    West Ham
    Hull
    Spurs

are all more than capable of doing damage to Liverpool. Some Pool supporter earlier said that Liverpool will get 19 out of 21 points.

LoL man, LoL.

was i the supporter who said that?

Fans of a particular club dont have to share the exact same beliefs on stuff like this you know?!

I agree all those clubs are more than capable of doing Liverpool.

wats happening here is Utd fans are hoping they dont drop any points & Liverpool do, which is more than possible.

liverpool fans are hoping Utd drop points & we dont, which is more than possible.

fair enough on both counts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

If this thread is a heads up of things to come in the next few weeks I can only empathise with ye mods.

ShooterSF wrote: »
    If this thread is a heads up of things to come in the next few weeks I can only empathise with ye mods.

LOL, yeah if it goes down to the last game boards may implode ! :D

• Advertisement

Some Pool supporter earlier said that Liverpool will get 19 out of 21 points

Hello :D

And I said we CAN, not WILL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

I tried to be unbiased but failed on the bbc league predictor and Liverpool win it on goal difference:D

I reckon United will get about 19 points from 24 and Pool will get about 16 from 21.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

yayyy

booooo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Arsenal to win all thier games and win the league.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »

And they called my idea ridiculous :D

ht_elvis05_070724_ssv.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

50-1 for the Cl and fa cup

and people were saying I was mad
    mad i tell you madddd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Did the predictor last night. Had something like...

United - 90
    Pool - 88
    Chelsea - 83
    Arsenal - 75
    Villa - 70

I also somehow managed to put Newcastle 14th even though I really think they'll go down so... um yeah, pointless exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Thinking Liverpool will win every league match is crazy.
    Both clubs will drop points.

If Liverpool get an injury there F88ked..United won on Saturday without 5-6 first team players
    I couldnt see Livepool win games missing that many players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Manchester will win the Premiership. Sunday was the day that probably clinched it in the end. That result will serve as such a hammer blow to Liverpool's confidence. If the result went their way, I'm pretty sure the title would end up at Anfield at the end of the season but as it happens Fergie's boys look to have notched up number 18.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Loving your work ,mike!!! Loving your work!

Advertisement