Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

c905 Wifi Problems

• 05-04-2009 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭

Just purchased the Sony E c905 off the net and it was unlocked and unbranded.

I managed to connect using the wifi off a friends wireless network when I first received the phone but then when I went home I tried connecting to my wireless network and although it says it's connected I cannot access web browsing or Google Maps. When I turn off wifi I can access google maps no problem.

Also when I was connected wireless in my friends house the internet was working fine but it would not let me play youtube videos. The video play counter would be counting up but there would be no video or audio. I have updated the latest upgrades for both the phone and youtube.

I'm currently with o2 and am wondering if any of these problems would be solved by a simple change of phone provider. Any help with be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

All I can say is that it's more than likely not a network provider issue and is a phone configuration or wifi issue.

Have you tried removing all security from your home wifi and testing just to rule that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

No, haven't tried that. How would you go about doing that??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

s_carnage wrote: »
    No, haven't tried that. How would you go about doing that??

Would depend on the router that you have. If you have an eircom router, the address is most likely 192.168.1.254

Advertisement