Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

scooter wont start

• 05-04-2009 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

have 04 aprilia scooter, starting fine yesterday, decided to give it a good clean, took all plastics off , then tried to start it it wouldn,t start.. never went near engine.. thought it might be battery it just clicks when push the button not even turning over, so put new battery in still same just clicks.. tried kick start just not catching. tried for spark good spark coming from it.. checked fuse.. has me puzzeled as i didn,t touch engine just took out few screws on plastics.. any one any idea..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

probably stupid question but you have checked the emergency engine cut off switch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Have you a kick start? not too familiar with your specific model. Could be something seized in the engine. I know you said ya didn't but sometimes loosing off panels could've upset a wire. Unplug and block connectors and spray em with WD-40 (one by one to save confusion) it'll drive any moisture out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 davidkelly34

as far as i know there is no cut off switch... i checked all the wires all still connected, took off carb cleaned it, put in new spark plug still notting, don,t know what to do next:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭rameire

i cleaned my bike before with a power hose,
    oh did i learn my lesson.

wouldnt start after cleaning.
    turned out that i ruined the ignition and imoboliser
    cost over 2k to fix,
    thankfully it was covered by warranty.
    oh and by the way it wouldnt turn over, just clicked.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 davidkelly34

i had plastics off before i cleaned them, didn,t hose bike? won,t be cleaning it again

• Advertisement
Advertisement