Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play It Strange NZ

Options
  • 05-04-2009 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭

When in NZ we saw a tv show highlighting this particular competition where local secondary school kids are entered for songwriting/singing capabilities. I saw this song and thought she was absolutely bloody fantastic,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl8TC0cUrdc

So much so that I googled the competition, and found out their email address. Once that was done I sent them an email giving the girl high praise. I received a reply typical in Kiwi nature. If I posted them a self addressed envelope, they would send me,free of charge, a compilation cd of all entrants including Jessicah's song. This was mid November 2008, and the cd was being finalised in February '09.
    I had returned home two weeks when lo and behold my cd arrived, I had completely forgotten about it and was impressed beyond belief. I believe that for the price of a few stamps it was the best double cd I ever got!
    I just thought it was something, that in my experience in NZ typifies the type of people that are there and just how friendly they are in pretty much every way. :)

Advertisement