Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can you improve the cz452.....(17hmr)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

andyone wrote: »
    ah hello js.......no one should have a gun thats not safety concious,,,,,,, and i'd like to see you bring a claim against some company, who tells you not to tamper with fire arms.... hello thank god the world is not full of like minded people.... could you imagine having to fill paperwork out in triplicate, for your licence to be allowed to shave on your own...... relax there a bit.....
    In all fairness Andy J.W has a point.. I would hate for an accident to happen and I was at fault for supplying the goods to yourself that caused the problem...

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭andyone

maybe you's are both right ... but lest we forget the famous saying.... guns don't kill people..... people kill people....... back to the drawing board so..... eric brookes it is....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

andy/dwighet i dont want to see any one in trouble .this is no reflection on you guys .

its just me been about a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

A bit OTT here.

If this was the case Eric Brooks would be getting sued every day.

Try here for the kits as well, about €12 + €2 for post and are the same as Brooks kit, they may be a quicker delivery time than from Brooks.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CZ-452-BRNO-No-2-4-and-5-trigger-kit_W0QQitemZ160326465007QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGun_Parts?hash=item160326465007&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

clivej wrote: »
    A bit OTT here.

If this was the case Eric Brooks would be getting sued every day.

Try here for the kits as well, about €12 + €2 for post and are the same as Brooks kit, they may be a quicker delivery time than from Brooks.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CZ-452-BRNO-No-2-4-and-5-trigger-kit_W0QQitemZ160326465007QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGun_Parts?hash=item160326465007&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
    eric brooks has public liability insurance i would think .

i would think that's why jackson ,south yorkshire ,sako ,tikka, dont sell trigger kits to general public .,even e bay has a disclaimer.
    but belt away i dont care i was just trying to be help full

• Advertisement

thanks for that clivej.... nice to see i'm not the only one..... and JW i know were your coming from too, and thanks for your advice also......:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

JW has a good point this is the type of country we are living in now :(

Everything is dandy until someone sees an easy buck (and I don't mean the 4 legged type :), for the record not saying anyone involved in this conversation is like that though ;)

JW has a good point this is the type of country we are living in now :(

Everything is dandy until someone sees an easy buck (and I don't mean the 4 legged type :), for the record not saying anyone involved in this conversation is like that though ;)

BS we have insurance to protect our insurance ,just watching exploding varmints part two savage stuff

And I've got a "Get out of jail free card"

JW and BS your both correct and in this soicty we have to cover our backs.

so now that were all politicaly correct now..... should i have altered my factory made cz at all............. and if you guys feel you should cover your backs....carry on..... i'll be covering mine too..... with a ghillie suit...... poor rabbits wont know a thing....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

I own the CZ 452 style .22lr and adjusted the nut to lighten the spring.

Its a lot better now.

Nemesis wrote: »
    I own the CZ 452 style .22lr and adjusted the nut to lighten the spring.

Its a lot better now.

Hate to say this but you won't know how good a Brooks trigger kit is until you try a CZ 452 with one fitted in it.
    It will remove all the creep and make for a lighter triger. The result is tighter, smaller groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

Aye..but I might as well take things slowly so I can appreciate the differences.

But while I'm testing maybe I should place an order for the Brooks kit..wont do any harm having it on its way.

From what I read there can be problems ordering or rather receiving the Kit if you order directly.

Where is a good place to purchase a kit?

Just seen the link above......I'll go place an order!

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭sfakiaman

Lots of good information at Erick Brooks cz452.com

Nemesis wrote: »
    Aye..but I might as well take things slowly so I can appreciate the differences.

But while I'm testing maybe I should place an order for the Brooks kit..wont do any harm having it on its way.

From what I read there can be problems ordering or rather receiving the Kit if you order directly.

Where is a good place to purchase a kit?

Just seen the link above......I'll go place an order!

Try post #35

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Sad but true about the insurance :(

well guys here's a progress report......:(:(:( all went well untill i started drop testing the .17.......maybe i was banging it too hard.. but i don't think so..... i just wanted to make tripely sure that the rifle would not go of on its own accord...i had replaced the original spring...... drop tested it.... it failed that test.... so i put in the next spring..... and i tested it.... it passed my test... but for some reason a piece of the stock fell of up were the bolt slides in....to say i was sick is a understatement:(:(:(.. the stock has now gone off to someone local, to perform open heart surgery on it..... will hopefully have it back friday evening... looking forward to getting it back, weather permitting i should be able to zero it in over the week end.... will keep you guys posted.....

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭BountyHunter

Hi All,

I got myself a Brookes kit for the CZ, can anyone recommend a gunsmith in the Dublin area to fit the new trigger kit for me? I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it myself even though I know its probably pretty easy..
    PM me details either

Cheers,

BountyHunter.

Advertisement