Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Three Q's Restaurant

Options
  • 05-04-2009 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there,

I heard THE THREE Q's restaurant recently changed their evening menu and is now more affordable in light of these hard recession times.

........I was there ages ago and loved it but has anyone been there recently and would they still recommend it for a casual night with 3 friends?

Is the new menu good?

and how affordable is it?

Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭builditwell

Not sure about recession prices, a pan fried fillet of cod was €24.00.

The menu has changed a bit but I think there is less on it. Would happily cross the road in the future as the portions were very poor. The lunch menu is quite good but if you like to "be fed when you eat" then I suppose try it for lunch before a night out.

B

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

They have an early bird menu, I think its €25. I'd definately recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭wingding

This is one of my all time favourite restaurants. The food is absolutely delicious. They do a lovely brunch menu too. Although they can get a lot of kids in the morning, just in case you go in with a hangover :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Hi there,

I heard THE THREE Q's restaurant recently changed their evening menu and is now more affordable in light of these hard recession times.

........I was there ages ago and loved it but has anyone been there recently and would they still recommend it for a casual night with 3 friends?

Is the new menu good?

and how affordable is it?

Thanks a mill.

As with nearly all the restaurants in Greystones, they look lovely but i aint paying dem prices! Even Mayfair is cheaper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭DTinthegrove

ciaran67 wrote: »
    As with nearly all the restaurants in Greystones, they look lovely but i aint paying dem prices! Even Mayfair is cheaper!

Hit the nail on the head. Average/good food at high end prices, if you disagree then you no nothing better.

• Advertisement

Hit the nail on the head. Average/good food at high end prices, if you disagree then you no nothing better.

They are so far passed high end!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

was there for the first time recently. its a nice place but i couldnt understand why everyone is so mad about the place. we got the early bird menu & i thought it was just ok.

but to be fair i have friends that think the place is amazing. its nice & cosy & friendly, i just think its a bit overhyped & overpriced

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Irishbird353

Ok everyone...I went to The Three Q's at the weekend with my 3 friends and had a fantastic meal....we all had different starters and main courses and none of us could fault the place. Nearly all main courses were under €20 and the portions were spot on (we were a party of 2 men and 2 women). On top of that the service was perfect, all the staff knew the menu well and were very attentive (at just the right level).

I would really have to disagree with the comments on the pricing as you can have a main course for as cheap as €14 or €15 OR..... if you want to eat early (up until 7pm) and have better value for money you can do the early bird at €25 for a 3 course meal ......having enjoyed my meal at the weekend I've made a booking for next week for the early bird to bring my mother out for her birthday...can't wait!!!

So for any of you looking for a nice affordable place to eat with great food and good service this is DEFINITELY the place.

Also as this country is in a recession....I hope this post changes peoples opinion on what value for money is as I was a little suprised to hear the comment that all restaurants in Greystones were too expensive. I know it depends what kind of a dining experience you're into but if you're after a cheap meal like fast food just becasue you're watching your pennies it's worth remembering if you compare say a Mcdonalds meal deal at € 6 or €7 v's a nice meal out in the 3Q's for €14 or €15???? I know where I'd rather spend my money .....The Three Q's hands down....you can't beat a healthy, cooked to order meal with fresh ingredients combined with excellent service for a night out...definitely worth a few extra €€ !!

Thanks for all you comments....:)

Ok everyone...I went to The Three Q's at the weekend with my 3 friends and had a fantastic meal....we all had different starters and main courses and none of us could fault the place. Nearly all main courses were under €20 and the portions were spot on (we were a party of 2 men and 2 women). On top of that the service was perfect, all the staff knew the menu well and were very attentive (at just the right level).

I would really have to disagree with the comments on the pricing as you can have a main course for as cheap as €14 or €15 OR..... if you want to eat early (up until 7pm) and have better value for money you can do the early bird at €25 for a 3 course meal ......having enjoyed my meal at the weekend I've made a booking for next week for the early bird to bring my mother out for her birthday...can't wait!!!

So for any of you looking for a nice affordable place to eat with great food and good service this is DEFINITELY the place.

Also as this country is in a recession....I hope this post changes peoples opinion on what value for money is as I was a little suprised to hear the comment that all restaurants in Greystones were too expensive. I know it depends what kind of a dining experience you're into but if you're after a cheap meal like fast food just becasue you're watching your pennies it's worth remembering if you compare say a Mcdonalds meal deal at € 6 or €7 v's a nice meal out in the 3Q's for €14 or €15???? I know where I'd rather spend my money .....The Three Q's hands down....you can't beat a healthy, cooked to order meal with fresh ingredients combined with excellent service for a night out...definitely worth a few extra €€ !!

Thanks for all you comments....:)

Thats the problem. Its either McDonalds quality or a huge jump to The 3 Q's. Im sure the food is excellent i just wish there was good quality in betweeen that didnt cost an arm and a leg. 14-15? was that with drinks and tip?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Irishbird353

Thats the problem. Its either McDonalds quality or a huge jump to The 3 Q's. Im sure the food is excellent i just wish there was good quality in betweeen that didnt cost an arm and a leg. 14-15? was that with drinks and tip?

No the €14-€15 did not include a drink and tip....that would be pushing it....but you're paying for the good service and fresh food, not an elaborate happy meal!! In saying that the brunch and lunch menus would do you well for that money no bothers (that would be your in between for sure)....hope you check it out as I think you'll enjoy it!!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Im with Irishbird on this one, great food, great service, super menu and fair sized portions. But....eating quality food in Ireland especially Greystones is always expensive.

For me eating in is the new eating out!

fishdog wrote: »
    Im with Irishbird on this one, great food, great service, super menu and fair sized portions. But....eating quality food in Ireland especially Greystones is always expensive.

For me eating in is the new eating out!

Indian Spice is very expensive, especially when you think we would pay about 20 quid (for two) for a curry in London, but my god, the quality is by far the best curry ive ever eaten. Their lamb falls apart and we've now managed to get them up to very spicy. Cant recommend it enough and dont mind paying the extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,936 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Indian Spice is very expensive, especially when you think we would pay about 20 quid (for two) for a curry in London, but my god, the quality is by far the best curry ive ever eaten. Their lamb falls apart and we've now managed to get them up to very spicy. Cant recommend it enough and dont mind paying the extra.

in their new menu they've actually reduced their prices, which must be a first.

loyatemu wrote: »
    in their new menu they've actually reduced their prices, which must be a first.

for smaller portions section though isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Anyone know where Three Q's is moving to?! Their lease is up for sale on Lennox Estates.

http://www.lennoxestates.com/property/user/viewListing.aspx?cd=558

"...the business has simply outgrown the premises hence this opportunity."

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 JAYG

astrofluff wrote: »
    Anyone know where Three Q's is moving to?! Their lease is up for sale on Lennox Estates.

http://www.lennoxestates.com/property/user/viewListing.aspx?cd=558

"...the business has simply outgrown the premises hence this opportunity."

I heard they were going to move round the back of the Greystones Theatre where there is a barber shop. Apparently the place they had in mind is bigger and from what i was told overlooks the theatre itself. However I was also told they had no interest in their current lease so the move doesnt look like it will go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

JAYG wrote: »
    ...they had no interest in their current lease so the move doesnt look like it will go ahead.

There seems to be some moment with premises on Church Road - the old Clarke's barbers opposite 3Q's is reserved (if my mind serves me rightly), as are the new units beside Supervalu.

Just on the location and Three Q'smoing up beside the Theathre, I remember reading this page on the Greystones Theatre website

Relax in the ambience of our in-house bar where you can enjoy a glass of wine, a beer or your choice of house speciality cocktails along with a tasty snack from our bar menu prepared by the Three Q's restaurant above the theatre

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

if you want to eat early (up until 7pm) and have better value for money you can do the early bird at €25 for a 3 course meal ......

we went for the early bird on a sunday night a few months back and it turned us off the place. They only were offering the early bird and we had only wanted to get a main and not three courses. So we were forced to get the three courses. But the main thing that turned us off was the third course: not dessert but 6 chocolates to share between two people!!! So, in essence, the "recession-busting" early bird consists of a starter and main for 25 euros. What a scam!

Advertisement