Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ladbrokes Poker Festival Killarney 2009 - Official Launch

• 05-04-2009 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭

Ladbrokes.com Irish Poker Festival

€250,000 Guaranteed Main Event

photo_67720081021_091354.jpg

October 1st -4th 2009 I.N.E.C Killarney

The Ladbrokes.com Irish Poker Festival will again be held at the best poker venue in Europe, the Irish National Events Centre (INEC) in Killarney, Co Kerry, Ireland. The INEC is at the heart of a vibrant hotel and leisure complex, which includes the famous Thai Angsana Spa. Ladbrokes online package winners will be staying at the Gleneagle Hotel which is adjacent to the INEC.

Last year every event was a sell-out, with a European record 832 players competing in the Main Event. After three days action, local lad Jimmy McSweeney walked away with a €100,000 first prize.

This year, the three day Festival will be held between the 2nd to 4th October and the €550 Main Event will once again guarantee all players a whopping €250,000 guaranteed prizepool. Players will start with 15,000 chips, one hour blinds and will earn European ranking points!

The Festival also includes two side tournaments, a two day €270+30 tournament Saturday 3rd October and a one day €150+20 tournament on Sunday 4th October. You will also have exclusive access to Ladbrokes hospitality facilities. Here you will find a games room with pool and darts to help you relax in between all the poker action.

In addition to the poker, the host town of Killarney is synonymous with Irish hospitality offering a great range of night-life associated with Irish music and having the craic! If you have not been to Killarney before, flights from Stansted to Kerry (KIR) are currently available for as little as £2 each way plus taxes but check online for all the latest offers.

So make sure you don’t miss taking your seat at the biggest poker tournament on the European Poker Circuit and win your Irish Festival Package today!

killarney-poker-2.jpg

FAQ
    Is there a cash alternative?

There are no cash alternatives.

What happens if I win more than one package?

There are no cash alternatives and transfers are not permitted therefore you will forfeit this second package.

Is the package transferable?

If you qualify for a package and are then unable to attend you can transfer the package to another Ladbrokes customer. This transfer must be completed at least 30 days before commencement of the tournament.

Can I bring a guest?

Your accommodation at the Gleneagle Hotel is for two people in a room so you can request either a Twin or Double room. However, the package includes a €550 Main Event place for the qualifier only.

What is the schedule/ timetable for the Main Event?

The main event will be held over 3 days (2nd to 4th October). Players will start with 15,000 chips, one hour blinds and the event awards European ranking points. The event will start at 2pm prompt.

What other tournaments will be available?

During the weekend we will be running two side tournaments:

Saturday 3rd October at 4pm
    €270 + €30 2 day event
    40 minute blinds
    10,000 starting stack

Sunday 4th October at 3pm
    €150 + €20 1 day event
    25 minute blinds
    8,000 starting stack

Costs of extra people in rooms.

If you wish to bring any extra guests then you can have three in a room, there is an additional charge per person for this which should be paid directly to the hotel. If you wish to book a triple room then you do need to check first with our events team and they will confirm the costs to you. If you wish to bring your family then there are also two bedroom apartments available.

Is it possible to upgrade my room?

There are a variety of upgrade options available, please contact our events team to find out more about availability and costs.

If I wish to stay for longer than two nights is that possible?

Check with the events team on availability and price to extend your stay.

If I don’t qualify via Ladbrokes is there any other way that I can enter the Main Event?

There will be offline Satellites within a few select poker clubs around Ireland (locations TBC). More details to be confirmed shortly.

Direct buy-ins are currently not available.

Getting to Killarney:

The following are the best options for getting to Killarney:

Kerry Regional Airport is 19 km from Killarney with direct flights with Ryanair from Dublin, Stansted, Luton and Frankfurt.
    Cork International Airport (87 km) Flights from London Heathrow and key regional airports and major European cities.
    Shannon International (135 km) Flights from 22 European destinations and 6 US gateways.
    Dublin Airport (305 km) Flights from all major UK, European and US destinations plus daily flights to Kerry Regional Airport.
    Killarney Train Station is served by Dublin and Cork trains.
    I have a question I can’t find the answer to here, who do I contact?

Please direct all queries to Jo Sherring, Ladbrokes Events on +44 1372 277 722 or irishfestival@ladbrokespoker.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

cork3ay5.jpg

hey you changed that photo

Killarney in OCT, yes pls, should be a highlight of the year again looking forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Looks great again Neill, best of luck with it.

Hope to play it myself this year.

Stephen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭The Clamper

PUT ME DOWN FOR A SEAT, ONCE YOU OPEN IT UP TO DIRECT BUY IN

OTHERWISE, DONT COUNT ON ME TURNING UP, I CANT WIN ONLINE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

looks great as usual,
    I am in process of booking the Brehon, and could not do it online, so I phoned them, and they said the reason you cannot book online is that they are almost booked out......

Get you room soon.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

smurph wrote: »
    looks great as usual,
    I am in process of booking the Brehon, and could not do it online, so I phoned them, and they said the reason you cannot book online is that they are almost booked out......

Get you room soon.....

what rate did you get?

I'm guessing Neil as most of the hotel book out for the event, which he'll release the details of how to book these room shortly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Ollieboy wrote: »
    what rate did you get?

I'm guessing Neil as most of the hotel book out for the event, which he'll release the details of how to book these room shortly?

Ollie i will have accomodation Details soon But Ladbrokes have taken 300 rooms for Online qualifiers this year

Book the brehon i would say to all . I will have all details in the coming week

Regards

Neill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

what rate did you get?

I am going to negotiate a room rate with the girl, when I pay my booking deposit. They have a deal for B&B + 2 evening meals, and we will probably be there a day or 2 after the tournament finishes etc,

After all the good reports I heard about the Brehon I just wanted to guarantee a room there..

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

When will direct buyins be available?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Hi Neill,

Stick myself and Christine down for this, will run sats aswell nearer the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

I'm playing quite well on ladbrokes at the moment so I'll try and win a ticket for this, if jimmy can win it anyone can!! :P only joking jim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

story with apartment deals this year? gonna stick my name down for one of these again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭spoofingjam

Looks great neill looking forward to it.

zuroph wrote: »
    story with apartment deals this year? gonna stick my name down for one of these again.

I will check with Connie on this one and come back to you all

Neill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭baz2007

looks great neil if its half as good as last year should be a belter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

zuroph wrote: »

Hi Mike,Yeah, them appartments are good value and top quality. If you wanna book 1, just ring the Glen Eagle reservations number 064-71500.I'll make enquiries tomorrow and come back to you on a price.Connie

Qualify Online

All these can be found in the Poker Lobby on www.ladbrokes.com

Click - Offline Events
    Click - Irish Festival

Sats are the feeders into the Daily Finals, these are €5 feeders into the Daily Final.

Daily Finals are the feeders into the main weekly final , these are €€20 feeders into the main weekly super sat for the main event packages .

Weekly Final

This is the main super sat into the event and entry is €100 + €10 and winners will recieve a package worth €950 which includes accomadation at the main event venue www.gleneaglehotel.com

Winners List - This is where players can see how many are registerred for the main event .

Direct Buy In - Not open at the moment

For all New Accounts please use the Code BIGSLICK for special future freeroll access

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Hot-Rod

Alot of my mates went down to this last year, said it was one of the best run tourney's they have been too, plus the craic was meant to be mighty. I lost out heads up in a sat to James Sudworth AKA James666 :((longest online heads up battle ever) for a ticket in the last sat for the tourney last year but this time round i am not going to leave it to the last moment to play a sat.

When do the sats start on lads for this tourney? I am rarely on lads now, the muppets playing on stars are been good to me, hard to leave a site where you are making a stead income from.:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Contact the Brehon to be told its book out and that Ladbrokes have book out both hotels. Do we have to wait until Ladbrokes allow us to buy these packages before getting this hotel. I would REALLY hate to be stuck in the Glenegale.

Any idea lads as I want to make sure I get the Brehon.

Hot-Rod wrote: »
    Alot of my mates went down to this last year, said it was one of the best run tourney's they have been too, plus the craic was meant to be mighty. I lost out heads up in a sat to James Sudworth AKA James666 :((longest online heads up battle ever) for a ticket in the last sat for the tourney last year but this time round i am not going to leave it to the last moment to play a sat.

When do the sats start on lads for this tourney? I am rarely on lads now, the muppets playing on stars are been good to me, hard to leave a site where you are making a stead income from.:D:D

Sats are started now every day with weekly finals as normal details are in the post above

Regards

Neill

Contact the Brehon to be told its book out and that Ladbrokes have book out both hotels. Do we have to wait until Ladbrokes allow us to buy these packages before getting this hotel. I would REALLY hate to be stuck in the Glenegale.

Ill find out and come back to u ollie

Neill

• Advertisement

Irish Festival Easter Special– 5 Irish Packages added

New Accounts please use Code BIGSLICK

We have created a special tournament for you this Easter. You have a chance to win 5 fantastic Ladbrokes Irish Poker Festival Packages!

To qualify for our special Easter tournament, all you have to do is accumulate 100 Tournament Points or 40 Raked Hands between Wednesday 8th and Sunday 12th April.

Tournament details:
    Name: Irish Festival Easter Special

Date: Easter Monday the 13th of April

Time: 19:00 BST

Buy in: €1

Find it in the Tournament Lobby under Tournaments/ Special

How to check your play Go to the Poker Lobby and click on Menu /My Account – Raked Hands Checker or Tournament Points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 buzz3003

hi there were rumours last year about 2 day 1's ,for this years main event to get a even bigger field , is this going to happen ,and what will the player cap be ??

buzz3003 wrote: »
    hi there were rumours last year about 2 day 1's ,for this years main event to get a even bigger field , is this going to happen ,and what will the player cap be ??

Nope not this time 800 capped

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Hi neil did you get a chance to look at my pm the other day????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭connie147

Hi Ollie,
    I've a meeting coming up with the manager of the Brehon so I'll check things out for you. If a room is available, can you post here or pm me as to your requirements (how many nights, how many people etc etc).

Connie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 4KingAceHole

5starpool wrote: »
    When will direct buyins be available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 BIGSLICK-EVENTS

Down to Ladddies on this will come back when i have this information

They will be working the Online Qualifiers First

Regards

Neill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 4KingAceHole

Any idea yet of if and when packages will be purchasable?

I don't really see why they are not purchasable straight from the off?

• Advertisement

Any idea yet of if and when packages will be purchasable?

I don't really see why they are not purchasable straight from the off?

Ladbrokes will decide this , With the amount they put into the event they need there Players to Qualify online first. If we opened this now it would sell out in a week . My advice is to try Qualify online at the moment as a very limited amount of Seats will be put aside for Direct Buy in's this year. Direct buy ins may start in a few months .

Please direct all queries to Jo Sherring, Ladbrokes Events on +44 1372 277 722 or irishfestival@ladbrokespoker.com for Direct buy in Information

Regards

Neill

Advertisement