Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming Tax Back

Options
  • 06-04-2009 6:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi -

Just asking a quick question - I was hoping to claim tax back from when I worked in Ireland (i am irish) from Sep 2006 - Sep 2007 - I emigrated abroad. Is there a time limit? How would I go about doing this?

Further - I returned to ireland this year for a short time and have worked from January to April - will I be able to claim that tax back also?

Any helf would be greatly appreciated - When does the irish tax year run from until?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

You need to fill in a P50 from the Irish revenue web site and send it in along with your P45 for this year's tax. In it you sign that you're not going to work in Ireland again this year. Not sure on your previous year I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

you could use a company like http://www.taxback.com/ I used them when i was in Australia. lazy option to pay someone to do the work that you are researching into now but hey :) its easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nedoo

4 years back claim, i think

Advertisement