Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ebay Sniping Program

• 06-04-2009 7:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,
    I'm using Jbidwatcher for my mac, showed it to a friend of mine and she loved it. Unforunately she's on a PC so I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a similar program for Windows?
    Thanks
    Gary

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,973 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Does sniping even still work? They implemented that Maximum bid some time ago - so even if you do snipe the bid someone else may have a higher max bid and you will just be counter sniped via ebay itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Hi Lads,
    I'm using Jbidwatcher for my mac, showed it to a friend of mine and she loved it. Unforunately she's on a PC so I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a similar program for Windows?
    Thanks
    Gary

http://www.jbidwatcher.com/#news
    can also be downloaded for windows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭randombar

Rambo wrote: »
    http://www.jbidwatcher.com/#news
    can also be downloaded for windows

Hangs head in shame :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,380 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Overheal wrote: »
    Does sniping even still work? They implemented that Maximum bid some time ago - so even if you do snipe the bid someone else may have a higher max bid and you will just be counter sniped via ebay itself.

Yeah whats the advantage of a sniping program when you can use the max bid feature.... or is it more that you can wait till the last minute and possibly pick up a bargain if somebody doesn;t use max bid:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,137 ✭✭✭homer911

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Yeah whats the advantage of a sniping program when you can use the max bid feature.... or is it more that you can wait till the last minute and possibly pick up a bargain if somebody doesn;t use max bid:confused:

I use Auctionsniper (as per my sig) it comes very handy when you the auctions ends late at night, while working, etc the advantage of snipe is that in the case of Auction Sniper it will only bid 5 seconds before the auction ends so nobody will see you are interested till the last 5 seconds so if you outbid someone they will not have a chance to react and up their bid.

If you use the max bid in ebay does the auction price go up to the max price as soon as someone puts a higher bid? Or if their bid is lower than yours the bid price will show their max bid?

In my case no need to have PC on or near a PC to bid and also free if you refer other users to register on their website.

Advertisement