Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening hours over Easter

• 06-04-2009 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the opening hours are Thursday night? Is it normal hours or do they have to close at midnight? (it being Good Friday and all that)

Want to go out for a few birthday drinks. (yeah for me)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Yep - they'll close at midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

olaola wrote: »
    Yep - they'll close at midnight.

It really is time this antiquated nonsensical tradition was done away with imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭NervousNude

I've heard of people going out to the bar in Dublin airport or getting the train to Cork to drink on Good Friday. Not sure that either of these will definitely get you a drink but worth checking out.

Hotels can serve alcohol to their guests as the hotel is essentially their residence for the night. I believe that residents are also allowed to entertain a few guests.

I don't think serving alcohol on Good Friday is against the law in the North...and at £2.25 ish for a pint it's a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Needless to say the bars at Connolly and Heuston will be jam packed as per usual on Friday, think that you have to buy a ticket to travel a certain distance before being served though(Eg Dublin to Kilkenny/Athlone)

Brgds
    Johnny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 beezer84

it is ridiculous in this day and age, I suppose it will be the normal crap of the nightclubs opening at 12 on good friday as well!! What are the opening hours the other days over easter, isn't it twelve close on easter saturday as well. Any one know the deal with the opening hours the other days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

hahaha closing early easter saturday? You must be kidding me, the niteclub I work in is open full hours Saturday and Sunday grrr we were lucky to get thurs off!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ConfusedFella

Hi lads,

So... absolutely no chance of any pub being open on Good Friday? Apart from the aforementioned ones in Heuston etc???

Aw balls...

Advertisement