Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Memory Transfer Cable

• 06-04-2009 9:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

So just bought a 360 elite and want to transfer the saved data from my old 20GB 360 over to it.

As far as i know there are two ways to transfer the data over; either using a transfer cable or memory card. I've searched high and low for a transfer cable in all of the usual gaming shops but can't find one.
    Does anybody know where i can buy one, or is there anybody on here willing to sell one? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭thenightrider

If you are on the north side of dublin you could borrow mine if you want .

Or you can call microsoft and ask them for one they should send one out for free.

Also gamestop have them behinde the counter you can ask them to do it for you in most of the shop's just tell them you bought your new 360 from them and hey should do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

I used a memory card to transfer mine then re-downloaded anything that I had paid for previously by recovering my gamertag.

Only took a few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Cheers for the reply Night Rider!

Thanks for offering the cable, but i'm based in Wicklow so would be a bit awkward collecting it from you.

Didnt know Microsoft send them out to you for free, will give them a buzz now :D

smooch71 wrote: »
    I used a memory card to transfer mine then re-downloaded anything that I had paid for previously by recovering my gamertag.

Only took a few minutes.

The Xbox i'm looking to transfer the memory over from has RROD syndrome so it isnt working at the moment. Can i do this by swapping hardrives on the elite with a memory card - if that makes any sense :confused:

The Xbox i'm looking to transfer the memory over from has RROD syndrome so it isnt working at the moment. Can i do this by swapping hardrives on the elite with a memory card - if that makes any sense :confused:

I think you can swap the 20g hd onto the Elite, save the data to the memory card and put the 120g back on and transfer back off the memory card. Should work fine.

• Advertisement

By the way, Microsoft will send you the cable for free but I think it takes forever to get to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Hey Hornswoggle,

You can have a lend of mine, if getting to Stepaside is handier for you, and youre not bothered waiting for MS to send one out.. Used a memory card myself and it worked grand, just transferring game saves and redownloading as nightrider said

mise wrote: »
    Hey Hornswoggle,

You can have a lend of mine, if getting to Stepaside is handier for you, and youre not bothered waiting for MS to send one out.. Used a memory card myself and it worked grand, just transferring game saves and redownloading as nightrider said

Cheers for all of the replies lads. Will take up on that offer Mise, thanks a million! Working in Sandyford so am only down the road from Stepaside. PM on the way...

Big thanks to Mise for giving me the cable - all transfered over now! :D

Advertisement