Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To the Rescue...!

• 06-04-2009 9:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭

2E92936FE26344F783A6F724D32FF771-240.jpg

B0B2CF1B95EB48509465F9BF724928D7-240.jpg

10B60A3B946E42AEA205B317FCF9CE94-240.jpg

074A76C170494EC39A75A95A58924215-240.jpg

At 7.45 PM a witness called in an alleged spotting of a body floating in the Boyne near McDonalds (Drogheda). The coastguards, Boyne rescue Service and Guards came in with a helicopter and 5 dingy's but could not locate a body. At that stage nobody had been reported missing nor were there any reports of someone jumping in the Boyne. One of the officers informed me that lately there have been a significant amount of seals beeing spotted in the Boyne and that it might have been a big seal and not a body. Seach was abandonded at 9.15PM without any results.

***Moved this to it's own thread, as it did not fit the Random Image well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Good story telling set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Its nice to have a story behind pictures, and of course, a happy ending!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

I was quite happy to see the happy ending as well, though I thought they did find it as 3 ambos' & 2 firetrucks passed with blaring sirens around 11PM. Turned out to be a head on crash in Mornington my newspaper friend told me. So, yes, a casualty, but not a drowning.

Thx for removing the tread mods, didn't realise it didn't fit it well :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭kjt

Cool set Sarah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

my dog had a go at the chopper as it hovered over head on saturday , didnt liek it one bit :D great was a false alarm as its always worring to see a red and white sikorsky over the boyne.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Great set & caption.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Great set and well told. Last shot is really good too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Fionn

good shots - last one is like a scene from War of the Worlds :)

Advertisement