Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

*PAYPAL*PAYPAL*PAYPAL - HERE ONLY

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭bassy

hi i sent a bloke money for a item i agreed to buy from him,bu he told me to send money as a gift through paypal,as he said he would,nt get charged or lose any money to paypal if the money was sent as a gift.

so i sent him the money through paypal,but sent it as goods through paypal,as i could not see any where letting me send it as a gift.all i seen was send as goods,other or ebay item.so he sent me back a full refund saying he was losing almost 7.00 pounds through paypal.

now i got a email saying i had been sent the refund through paypal,but the money has not appeared on my paypal account,how long does it take for the refunded money to appear on my paypal account?

or should the refunded money appear on my paypal account immediately?.

also is there a email contct info for paypal?,thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

hello lad.if u had paypal money in your account u should get it back straight away into your balance.

if you paid via credit card funds it will get refunded to your card in 3 - 4 days

hi there thanks for reply,i used a 3v visa voucher to put the money in my paypal account,then i sent payment to the seller.but he sent it back as i got a email from paypal stating a refund was sent back to me.
    but its not in my account yet?,it was sent back yesterday the refund.

blahblah06 wrote: »
    hello lad.if u had paypal money in your account u should get it back straight away into your balance.

if you paid via credit card funds it will get refunded to your card in 3 - 4 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It won't appear in your account, it will go back to 3V, but may take a few days for that to happen. There should be a record of the refund in your Paypal account.

hi yes there is a record of the refund sent back to me in my paypal transactions,but theres no money in my account.
    so you say this money will go back to my 3v visa voucher?.

jor el wrote: »
    It won't appear in your account, it will go back to 3V, but may take a few days for that to happen. There should be a record of the refund in your Paypal account.

• Advertisement

can some one please confirm if my refunded payment on paypal will go back to my 3v voucher or go in to my paypal account?.

I have already told you that, as has blahblah06. Stop asking the same question over and over, it won't change the answer. Also, it will be stated in the refund email that your received from Paypal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Eireann

As an end note, you should never send money as a gift, as you will not be covered under Paypal/eBay rules should you need to try and get your money back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭fi

I cannot find an answer to my question anywhere so thought i would ask here, please help...

I have a web site, and people make payments [or will when its launched] and i need to know where i go to set what will go on their receipt / visa statement.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Rebel021

bassy wrote: »
    can some one please confirm if my refunded payment on paypal will go back to my 3v voucher or go in to my paypal account?.

A cancellation can take up to 10 working days

• Advertisement

thanks for replys,just got the money back on my 3v voucher as i checked it online.

fi wrote:
    I have a web site, and people make payments [or will when its launched] and i need to know where i go to set what will go on their receipt / visa statement.
    You'll probably need to check with whatever payment processing agent you'll be using, or they'll take care of it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 j_squarepants

Can somebody please tell me how to add funds to my Paypal account using a 3v voucher. I don't have a credit card and can't verify the 3voucher. It keeps telling me I will get a Paypal code on my "Visa bill" but I won't be getting one because it's not a real Visa card!!

Is there no other way of topping up Paypal as my Bank (BOI) don't want to know about it, nor do Permanent TSB who Paypal use in Ireland.

Am I simple or is this really this f**king complicated? :mad::mad::mad:

This had been asked and answered a million times already. You don't add funds to Paypal from any kind of credit card, including 3V, and your visa bill will be in your 3V account. If you log into your Paypal account you will find information about how to transfer money from a bank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

fi wrote: »
    I cannot find an answer to my question anywhere so thought i would ask here, please help...

Thanks in advance

interesting question - I would send an email to PayPal about this one as they are your payment processor. i dont think you will be able to customise it.
    Can somebody please tell me how to add funds to my Paypal account using a 3v voucher. I don't have a credit card and can't verify the 3voucher. It keeps telling me I will get a Paypal code on my "Visa bill" but I won't be getting one because it's not a real Visa card!!

Is there no other way of topping up Paypal as my Bank (BOI) don't want to know about it, nor do Permanent TSB who Paypal use in Ireland.

have you loged into your 3v account and had a look at the transactions on your account ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

In Paypal go into your Account Overview, click on "Edit Profile" then click "Credit/Debit Card". There's an option to "Add Card" in a yellow box. Hope this helps:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭vorbis^cs

lo i was goin to buy a item off e-bay and i was only £5 short for the item,ne way my girlfriend bought me another £20 of credit which is still £5 short so i was wondering if you can tranfer the money of 1 3v visa onto another thus adding the amounts together as 1, using the 1 account.

bit mind boggling sorry :confused:

simple answer is no.
    When you make a payment through Paypal for an ebay item both you and the seller will be covered for that transaction.
    If you simply send money to the seller, instead of marking it down specifically for the ebay item then you will not be covered.

you can not make a payment from two different credit cards (20 from your new 3v, and 5 from your old one)
    you can not lodge money from your credit card/s into your paypal account to send the money.

best thing to do is to get a new 3v card with more money on it :)

I *think* you may be able to specify 20£ on the ebay order payment, then send the seller an extra 5£... but this is not recommened. you will only be covered for the 40£

Paypal does not give you permissiong to (but it doesnt mean that you actually can not do it)... would be to make a payment from both your credit cards to another paypal account, then use the money in that paypal account to send the money.
    You will be losing money on that too because for an account to recieve money from a credit card they need to be a Premier account (or business account) which costs to recieve money. Personal accounts could not recieve money from a buyer who used a credit card. (that may have changed)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭vorbis^cs

ok thanks for the quick reply guess ill just have get another 1 with more credit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Hi guys, I was wondering y i couldn't send money as 'gift' under send money option frm my Ire. paypal?
    Was in uk 4 couple of yrs, & 've uk paypal a/c, frm which I still can send money as gift 4 free 2 anyone with e mail.
    After moving bak here & opening paypal, there seem 2 b no such option :(
    at all. I thought I could avail this facility, after upgrading 2 premium account, & tht did'nt help either.
    If anybody got any infor. please share. Thank you all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭poindexter

i just set up a paypal account and added a payzonemoney mastercard to it. there was a €1.50 charge and the card is now linked or something.
    Your card has been charged €1.50 EUR.

Check your card statement in 2-3 days and find the 4-digit PayPal code for the charge.

Return to PayPal and enter the 4-digit code to confirm your card.

does this mean i can't go ahead and order something just now, i have to wait the 2-3 days for a 4 digit code, or can i purchase something just now???

since its a credit card its usually alot quicker than that, are you able to log into a payzone website and see the transactions on it ? i know you can with 3v.

i thought you were able to send a small amount of cash through your paypal account before you got verified... but this link thinks otherwise. click on that link and see the limitations.

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main.jsp;jsessionid=J0vBZt4G8v1V18NLhJq4nLBfFDfXyD36Kk70ZnGx20HGv09hnhvz!-1242057252?t=solutionTab&ft=homeTab&ps=&solutionId=12198&locale=en_US&_dyncharset=UTF-8&countrycode=IE&cmd=_help&serverInstance=9003

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭JordanDC

I have a hosting account and wanted to pay my bill for them. The company recommended PayPal, so I said thats fine and proceeded to pay with PayPal. So when I paid the money did not appear on my hosting account records. So they suspended me for non payment. PayPal is showing that the money went through correctly. Anyway, I couldnt have the website down any longer so paid again by credit card, that went through. So ive paid twice but it says once on my account. So in PayPal can i retract those funds i sent to my host? (The funds were from ebay sales so no credit card involved)

if its a big enough hosting company you should be safe enough.

when you paid for the item you would have sent it to an email address. get that email address and the exact date and time of when you sent the payment and email your hosting company and tell them that as instructed (i hope you were instructed to send it to that email address) you sent the money as they requested.
    ask them to log into that Paypal account and refund the money to you.

You can put in a buyer complaint in against the transaction but sinces its a non tangible goods (services) they are not going to follow this up for you.

Hopefully the hosting company will see the error and you wont need to get paypal involved.

peaceboi wrote: »
    Hi guys, I was wondering y i couldn't send money as 'gift' under send money option frm my Ire. paypal?
    Was in uk 4 couple of yrs, & 've uk paypal a/c, frm which I still can send money as gift 4 free 2 anyone with e mail.
    After moving bak here & opening paypal, there seem 2 b no such option :(
    at all. I thought I could avail this facility, after upgrading 2 premium account, & tht did'nt help either.
    If anybody got any infor. please share. Thank you all.

Using text speak is a bannable offense. Please use real words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

vorbis^cs wrote: »
    lo i was goin to buy a item off e-bay and i was only £5 short for the item,ne way my girlfriend bought me another £20 of credit which is still £5 short so i was wondering if you can tranfer the money of 1 3v visa onto another thus adding the amounts together as 1, using the 1 account.

Yes you can transfer from one voucher to another, I think the charge is €2.50. Click "Online Customer Service" on their website, then click manage my vouchers and log in. There's an option to transfer from one to the other there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

Hi, im new to the whole paypal thing and this question has prob been asked before so apologies in advance.

i have bought somthing and wish to use paypal to pay for it. (my credit card is linked to it) the selled has on her site something like 'paypal accecpted, paypal fees apply' so does this mean i must pay some sort of fees? i have seacrched the paypal website, and it seems to me that personal accounts are free, so if anyone has any answers....

There are no fees for sending money, just receiving. The seller may apply a fee to you, to cover his Paypal fees, and this is probably what it refers to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭mle1324

pay pal have closed my account for no reason,dose anybody know why?:mad:

• Advertisement

How would anyone here know the specifics of your Paypal account? There are many reasons for why they would close an account, you'll have to ask Paypal why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 bmw 320d

hello can you transfer money from your permanent tsb account to paypal without having to ring them up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Are disputes only for ebay purchases. I have purchased an item from a website and paid via payapal but have yet to recieve the item. I emailed yesterday moring and still no reply and am just wondering if I can get my money back via paypal?

bmw 320d wrote: »
    hello can you transfer money from your permanent tsb account to paypal without having to ring them up

Instructions can be found when you log into Paypal.
    Slunk wrote: »
    Are disputes only for ebay purchases. I have purchased an item from a website and paid via payapal but have yet to recieve the item. I emailed yesterday moring and still no reply and am just wondering if I can get my money back via paypal?

Yes and no. As int sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. You can start a dispute on any transaction, but I believe that Paypal often won't get involved (if you escalate to claim) if it's outside eBay.

If you buy an eBay item, but chose to pay outside of the eBay checkout, then this is definitely not covered.

Just wondering if someone can help m out here with a bit of advice?

Short version: Can you file a dispute with paypal if you've left good feedback for an item?

Long version: I bought a media drive off el bayo and it arrived a week later (or thereabouts). I left good feedback for the drive since it was working and all seemed fine.

However, The media drive has since died a horrible death (no longer than a week after it was received) and i was wondering is there any way I can get my money back?

I emailed Envizage (the shop i bought it off via ebay) about an audio issue with the drive and they were quick to reply back to me (less than an hour both times). I then emailed them letting them know about it's new problem (dying). That was friday evening, so didn't expect a reply til tuesday. Still no word though. I'm assuming they're avoiding me.

Anyway, is there anything i can do, since i left good feedback already? I paid on the 15th of April according to eBay.

Can i still go ahead and try and get my cash back, or is that option gone now as I have already expressed satisfaction with the item?

Also, if i can do anything, is it possible to skip a 'replacement' deal and go straight to getting a refund? I don't like the way they are ignoring me, and so would like to have absolutely nothing to do with them.

Sorry for the long weilding post, but i plan to email them again this evening or tomorrow and I don't want to complain if i'm only gonna get a reply of "lol" or something along those lines :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out here.

Yes, of course. Feedback is completely separate to paying. Paypal will insist that you return the drive, at your expense, and by registered post.

• Advertisement

Yes, of course. Feedback is completely separate to paying. Paypal will insist that you return the drive, at your expense, and by registered post.

I've no problem returning the item. I'd fully expect to. I sent Envisage another message via eBay outlining how i feel and requesting a refund. If I don't hear back by tomorrow i'll go to Paypal with it. Would be the first time i've ever had a bad eBay experience.

ah sure, has to happen sometime.

Thanks for the help Jor El.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Just wondering if anyone can help me, I was looking at buying something online and the total comes to 34 euro, i have 4.50 credited to my paypal account, if i buy a 30euro 3v card will the extra amount come out of my account when i try send the 34 euro? I don't wanna spend more money than i have to!

Paypal uses your balance first, then goes to alternate sources when that's used, so it should work fine.

Merged with Paypal thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

I'm going to open a pay-pal account, i was wondering if there might be a problem with having a different billing address and shipping address as i frequently visit america so i though i might be able to avail of reduced prices by getting things shipped there but at the same time i would like the option to get things delivered to my irish address.

You can add several addresses in your Paypal account, but they must all be in the same country.

• Advertisement

You can add several addresses in your Paypal account, but they must all be in the same country.
    thanks for that, but will the billing address of my paypal account affect where i can get things shipped to?

Well, yes, they all have to be in the one country, and that is the country you register with.

If you register with a US address, you wouldn't be able to set up an Irish card of bank account. If you register with an Irish address, you can't add a US address for deliveries.

great, thanks a million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

I have a paypal account for just for buying stuff on ebay. I am just wondering can I recieve money to this account or do I need a different sort of account to start recieving money?

Same account. There is a limit on how much you can receive before they will need further verification (anti-laundering laws).

I have a Wirecard Mastercard and a Halifax Visa Debit Card registered with my PayPal account. I also have funds on my PayPal balance. What I can't understand is this: When I buy something with the Mastercard it uses up my PayPal balance first before taking the remainder off the Mastercard but not with the Visa. I can't understand this and it's driving me mental as I prefer the Visa and use it more.

Maybe it doesn't work with the Visa Debit because it's a debit card whereas the Mastercard is a credit card (albeit a pre-paid one). Anyone got any ideas?:confused::confused::confused: Thanks in advance for any info! :)

They always use your cash balance first, then go to your cards in order of priority. You have one card assigned as primary, and I'm guessing this is the credit card. You can edit this in your account preferences.

You can also change the funding options when making a payment.

Firstly sorry for posting in the wrong place. I remember seeing this thread before but when I went to post forgot all about it :o
    They always use your cash balance first, then go to your cards in order of priority. You have one card assigned as primary, and I'm guessing this is the credit card. You can edit this in your account preferences.

Just checked and I do have the Visa Debit as my primary on PayPal. I have a small PayPal balance of 40c but they continually ignore it when I go to pay for something with the Visa and take the full amount from it.
    You can also change the funding options when making a payment.
    Maybe I'm missing some option here when paying. I'll look harder the next time I purchase something. But I don't think so. Thanks Jor El.

It should tell you where it's taking the money from, when you're making a payment, and there should be a link for "Other funding options".

Not sure why they're ignoring the Visa debit. I didn't think there were any issues with using these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

My gf has an Australian ANZ Mastercard that she cannot get a cash advance from in Ireland for some technical reason. The banks can't do it and the card actually crashes ATMs! But, since it's brand new, it's probably working fine, and she has used it as a credit card before.

So I'm thinking, based on what I've read on the web about paypal, she could use her ANZ mastercard to top up her paypal a/c and then transfer funds from paypal to her Bank of Ireland a/c, assuming she can link her paypal a/c to the mastercard and the Irish bank account.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible, and if there are any issues about doing so? Is there a better way of doing it?

Thanks in advance. :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement