Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*PAYPAL*PAYPAL*PAYPAL - HERE ONLY

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭elazar55

I just bought a 3V voucher and tried to verify my paypal. its asking for a paypal code from a statement. What do I do!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Go to the 3v website and then manage your vouchers. In one of them will be say 1234PAYPAL. Its the four numbers you need to verify it.

Do you know how you can lodge funds directly to your PayPal account from your bank? Well the bank I'm supposed to transfer money to is "Bank of America, Dublin". I googled and found an old article from August saying the bank has been closed. Am I missing something here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

Do you know how you can lodge funds directly to your PayPal account from your bank? Well the bank I'm supposed to transfer money to is "Bank of America, Dublin". I googled and found an old article from August saying the bank has been closed. Am I missing something here?

I normally do a bank transfer via AIB Internet Banking giving all the details listed by PayPal. Last time I did it was around August and had no trouble at all.

Carne wrote: »
    I normally do a bank transfer via AIB Internet Banking giving all the details listed by PayPal. Last time I did it was around August and had no trouble at all.

Hmm ok...by the way how long did it take to show up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I believe you send money to Dublin Georgia in the US

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

Hmm ok...by the way how long did it take to show up?

Could take between 2 to 4 days. I just sent some now to top-up my account, I'll post back when it shows up.

hitemfrank wrote: »
    I believe you send money to Dublin Georgia in the US
    Yeah I was wondering which Dublin it was but was too afraid to ask. Surely it's our Dublin though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 plego

hi, i was wondering can i set up a paypal account with a 3v card??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Yes you can

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 plego

ok thanks for the quick reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Flippyflop

Hi Im looking to sell a few items on ebay I have a paypall account which i set up to buy items using a 3v card only. My question is if people buy my items on ebay and pay with paypall how can i access my money after?? Thanks. Sorry in advance if this question has been asked before!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

when you list an item on ebay,and when you list you take paypal payments,you enter the registered email address you have with paypal to use to receive paypal payments,then when the buyer buys and pays for that item,you should get an email from paypal with the headline in the mail"you got funds!",then log into paypal and you should the amount you should received listed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

some people have banks (unlike irish banks) that allow them to send money directly from their bank account. that wont be immediate. can take 3-5 working days.

so make sure you goto your bank account and can see your balance changed.

after that you will have the option
    -to transfer the money to your bank account (which will take another 3-5 or 5-7 working days)
    - or to use the money from your paypal direction which is immediate.

Thanks Fred83!! So Samhail I just add my bank account details to paypall and the money can be transferred into that ?? Sorry now for what might seem like a very stupid question!!

soz flop if that wasnt answer you werent looking for :o,but yes,you can add your bank account to the paypal to transfer the money,as sam said,it will take days for it to be sent to your account...

No bothers!! Thats perfect thanks a mill for that !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

a small little bit more... when you add your bank account to your paypal account you need to verify that that bank is yours (so you dont put the money to someone elses account).
    this verification will put 2 small amounts of money into your bank account. that should take 5-7 working days aswell... once you see these in your bank account (online or calling your bank) you need to go back to your paypal account and enter the amount of these 2 deposits into the settings page.
    at which time you will have verified that it is your bank account.
    after you verify its your bank account you will then be able to withdraw your money... which will take another 5-7 working days.

its 5-7 working days, or 3-5 working days. i forget. it will tell you on the website.

I got a 3V voucher and paypal and eBay keep charging it. I lost €4 For just verifying them. Are they going to give it back? and when I tried to buy an item on eBay it charged it €1 euro the page before buying it. Whats happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

elazar55 wrote: »
    I got a 3V voucher and paypal and eBay keep charging it. I lost €4 For just verifying them. Are they going to give it back? and when I tried to buy an item on eBay it charged it €1 euro the page before buying it. Whats happening.

It costs €1-1.50 to verify; I don't remember any extra charge from eBay then? I've always used 3v with ebay and no issues. Then again, I never verify the card as it's only used for one purchase and isn't worth it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭crossmolinalad

i have stopped with the whole 3v crap
    very expensive and thieves
    i have here 11 vouchers with around the 3euro on it
    you can do nothing with it
    took a ulsterbank visa debit card

Jev/N wrote: »
    It costs €1-1.50 to verify; I don't remember any extra charge from eBay then? I've always used 3v with ebay and no issues. Then again, I never verify the card as it's only used for one purchase and isn't worth it!

Well i sent the verification twice so it charged me twice. it said paypal was going to refund the monet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Online Buying & Auctions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

dudara wrote: »
    Moved to Online Buying & Auctions

dudara

In fairness, I'd say it belongs in Consumer Issues because the 3V voucher is a product/service and people have great problems with them.
    took a ulsterbank visa debit card
    That doesn't work too well, apparently.
    i have stopped with the whole 3v crap
    very expensive and thieves
    i have here 11 vouchers with around the 3euro on it
    you can do nothing with it

Yeah I know it's a pain in the arse. I wish there was some kind of recourse inthe form of consumer rights so that they have to give you back the remaining in coins if it's below a certain number but we can all dream!

The thing is with that damn 3euro you can't do anything because if you add them to your paypal account to use for ebay you get caught for $1 which takes weeks to be refunded...
    elazar55 wrote: »

What did you verify?

When you add a credit card to your paypal account it charges you a $1 authorisation fee that they don't keep and is refunded to you. The hassle is you getting that refund because it takes about two weeks. If you've become "ebay verfified" or whatever they call it then they charge you a few Euro for that and you don't get that back.

Why does Paypal's auth. transaction have to be $1? Why can't be it in Euro and why can't it be something like a cent? Surely it doesn't matter how much it is?

3V:

Is there a "FX Comission" charge put on the $1 auth fee?

I know it's refunded but it's a pain in the hole and if there's an exchange fee from Visa I doubt that's refunded is it?

no the €1.50 auth charge is refunded but the pound charge isnt refunded,which is really f#cking annoying,so if you bought something for €19,you have to go and buy a €30 3v top up so you take paypal charges into account,its not only paypal does it,play.com/amazon charges £1 aswell for loading a new card into their system,i have got ways around it tho,instance say like you have €6 leftover on an used but still valid 3v credit and you bought a €20 credit,what i do is transfer the €20 onto the €6 card,so i will only be paying the 3v €2.50 charge,so i will be avoiding the paypal €1.50+£1.00 charge since the €6 card would be already marked as secured/authorised by paypal records :D

Btw, Paypal charges a $1 authorisation fee that is refunded. As far as I know it's to check that the card is real and has credit. The problem is that it takes about 2weeks for the refund to show up on yr 3V balance. Neither Paypal nor 3V will take responsibility for this invonvenience and both will just blame Visa and Visa will blame both .

What do you mean you don't get the £1 back? The charge for "loading a card" is the same as the pre-auth fee which is refunded immediately no?

Btw, what you said you're doing with transferring funds between cards costs you an extra 2 feckin 50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

I have just got paid 102 euro into my paypal acc what do I do with it because I have not sold anything ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

cmpunk wrote: »
    I have just got paid 102 euro into my paypal acc what do I do with it because I have not sold anything ?

Click on the transaction details and refund.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement