Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*PAYPAL*PAYPAL*PAYPAL - HERE ONLY

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭cmpunk

RasTa wrote: »
    Click on the transaction details and refund.

I did there noting there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

cmpunk wrote: »
    I did there noting there

If it's not in your Paypal account, then you haven't received any money.

But there is 102 euro there

It has to say where it came from in the details. Otherwise it's your own money, somehow.

jor el wrote: »
    It has to say where it came from in the details. Otherwise it's your own money, somehow.
    Ya it must be does any one know any good satsuma you can buy Bly rays or games on with pay pal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I've tried to send money from my AIB account to my paypal account but every time i go in the person behind the desk says that its a permant TSB sorting code so i have to go there :s what thats about?

I just need to put some money on my paypal account and this is the only way for me, i dont have a credit card

could someone please help me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭WeWillBeReborn

Hey, I just tried to buy something on ebay using my father's credit card via PayPal, but it says that the card isn't valid? :confused:

As far as I know the card itself is fine, as it still has 3 yeras before it expires. Any advice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

did you enter the last 3 digits on the back of the card for the security code?,or have you used the card but did not link and confirmed the card in the past?

could someone please help me

Use online banking. Banks won't do a credit transfer in branch to another bank any more, not for about 10 years now.
    As far as I know the card itself is fine, as it still has 3 yeras before it expires. Any advice?

Make sure all the details are exactly correct, name and address must match the statement. Use Default for the Postcode. After that, it's something that happens on Paypal all the time, and if it doesn't work, there's not a lot you can do. Their system is crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Apologies if this question has been asked (and answered before).

I purchased an item on Ebay on 29th Sept from Hong Kong, and payed via Paypal.
    The item never arrived.
    I emailed the seller twice, who told me that the item was shipped on 1st Oct, and asked me to wait up to 40 Business days for delivery. He could not provide me with any proof that the item was shipped.

Because Paypal have a 45 day limit on filing a dispute, I filed a dispute on the 14th Nov (after 43-44 days).

Now the seller says he will refund my money but wants me to cancel the Dispute in Paypal first.

My question is: Is this reasonable, and if I cancel the dispute, could he just refuse to refund my money. Should I ask him to refund the money first and then cancel the dispute.
    Many thanks.
    John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

dilallio wrote: »
    Apologies if this question has been asked (and answered before).

I purchased an item on Ebay on 29th Sept from Hong Kong, and payed via Paypal.
    The item never arrived.
    I emailed the seller twice, who told me that the item was shipped on 1st Oct, and asked me to wait up to 40 Business days for delivery. He could not provide me with any proof that the item was shipped.

Because Paypal have a 45 day limit on filing a dispute, I filed a dispute on the 14th Nov (after 43-44 days).

Now the seller says he will refund my money but wants me to cancel the Dispute in Paypal first.

My question is: Is this reasonable, and if I cancel the dispute, could he just refuse to refund my money. Should I ask him to refund the money first and then cancel the dispute.
    Many thanks.
    John

I wouldnt close your dispute... because the seller could decide not to refund you... then you will not be able to reopen the case.

reply to the seller and thank him that he will refund the money and for him to refund it through the resolution procedure that you wont be closing it.

You could even add a note onto your buyer complaint that the seller suggested this.

oh - dont forget that you must escalate your dispute to a complaint within 10 days... or something like that. read the site on what has to happen next.

samhail wrote: »
    You could even add a note onto your buyer complaint that the seller suggested this.

Do that now. Then end the talks and escelate to a claim.

This is a common practice among dodgy sellers, they make you wait beyond the 45 day claim limit for Paypal, but if you do file a dispute, they ask you to cancel it before they'll refund. There's no need for that, as the dispute process has a built in facility to refund. The only reason to ask is because they don't want to refund you at all.

Actually, if he issues a refund now, the dispute will automatically close. Tell him this and see what happens. If he gives any guff about it taking time to issue the refund, then that's also delaying tactics. Since he's in Paypal to respond to the dispute, all he needs to do is click the refund button and it's done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

what sort of shipping method did you use?,i know some asian sellers allow you to use delivery by ship cargo which takes 40 days aswell...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

It was a small item so he used FREE P&P Other courier or delivery service.
    I emailed him twice asking for a tracking number but he didn't respond to this - he just asked me to wait longer.

I did what Samhail & Jor_el suggested and guess what...
    He just emailed me - asked me to escalate to a claim in Ebay so he could refund.

Many thanks guys for your great help. :):)
    D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

Do you know how you can lodge funds directly to your PayPal account from your bank? Well the bank I'm supposed to transfer money to is "Bank of America, Dublin". I googled and found an old article from August saying the bank has been closed. Am I missing something here?
    Carne wrote: »
    Could take between 2 to 4 days. I just sent some now to top-up my account, I'll post back when it shows up.

The money successfully transferred to my PayPal account this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

Guys,

Im trying to buy something online through Paypal. For some reason it wont let me proceed because it wants me to enter credit card details. I do not have a credit card so what can I do? this is the first time this has ever happened and ive been using PP for a while.

Iv already put the money into my paypal to pay for the goods so I need to use it.

thanks in advance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

Guys,

Im trying to buy something online through Paypal. For some reason it wont let me proceed because it wants me to enter credit card details. I do not have a credit card so what can I do? this is the first time this has ever happened and ive been using PP for a while.

Iv already put the money into my paypal to pay for the goods so I need to use it.

thanks in advance

Does the site you're buying from have a Paypal logo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

dilallio wrote: »

Many thanks.
    John
    I wouldnt.
    Its a standard tactic by dodgy sellers to get you to cancel the claim so they dont have to refund you. Escalate the dispute to a claim if you are getting nowhere with the seller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭eman66

I just got an email from Paypal saying that they have updated their policies.

Reading it here (last section):

Disclosure to third parties:

Third Party:
    KSP Kanzlei Dr. Seegers, Dr. Frankenheim & Partner Lawyers (Austria), Transcom Worldwide S.A. (UK), Clarity Credit Management Solutions Limited (UK), Infoscore Iberia (Spain).

Reason:
    To collect debt

Information to be disclosed:
    Name, address, telephone number, account number, e-mail, account type, account status, last four digits of financial instruments account, account balance, details of account transactions and liabilities, name of funding source provider.

What might this mean, literally and in reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 youareyou

Got one too.

• Advertisement

I think, in short, what they're saying is:

No more bullshit on ebay, where you sell a dodgy item (or misleading ad, where there is no item to begin with) and remove all the funds from your account so you get away with it.

From now on, if acomplaint is made against you, your account is froze, so you cant withdraw, and if you were quick enough to get the cash out, they'll be sending Phil Mitchell around to sort you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Online Buying & Auctions

dudara

The new policy just means that if you owe Paypal money, then they will now use debt collection agencies to recover that debt.

I don't think it will do anything to stop the scams on eBay. More likely it will be used to go after the honest sellers that get scammed by a dodgy buyer. A seller sells an item, and uses or withdraws the money from Paypal. Then the seller puts in a claim for non-receipt, or some such, and if the delivery can't be proven, then Paypal find in favor of the buyer. This is very easy to do, even if registered post is used. The seller then ends up in debt to Paypal, and can expect debt collectors to come a knocking.

Scammers never use real details, so a debt collector will not work against them. This is another way for eBay/Paypal to screw the easy targets (i.e. honest sellers).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭none

Did anyone pay attention to the fee section? Does it mean that for the sender now there'll be an explicit surcharge for cross-border transaction? This is how it looks like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Only

Hi,
    I bought a set of DVDs on ebay. When I played some of them, they are sticking. I e-mailed the seller and he said to try them on another dvd player and if I wasn't happy he would refund me if I send them back.
    I have since tried more of them and 90% of them are sticking and the ones that are won't play at all on my portsble dvd player.
    Anyways, I want to return them and get my refund - my question is, can I ask for the postage to be refunded or not (it was £8stg)? Am thinking probably not but just want to be sure? What does paypal cover - is it just the faulty goods and not postage too?

Thanks!

Only wrote: »
    Anyways, I want to return them and get my refund - my question is, can I ask for the postage to be refunded or not (it was £8stg)?

The postage you paid to him when you bought them will be refunded. The money you pay to return the DVDs will not.

jor el wrote: »
    The postage you paid to him when you bought them will be refunded. The money you pay to return the DVDs will not.

Great! Thought I'd lose out on it - glad I asked here now - Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭Sconsey

eman66 wrote: »
    I just got an email from Paypal saying that they have updated their policies.

Reading it here (last section):

Disclosure to third parties:

Third Party:
    KSP Kanzlei Dr. Seegers, Dr. Frankenheim & Partner Lawyers (Austria), Transcom Worldwide S.A. (UK), Clarity Credit Management Solutions Limited (UK), Infoscore Iberia (Spain).

Reason:
    To collect debt

Information to be disclosed:
    Name, address, telephone number, account number, e-mail, account type, account status, last four digits of financial instruments account, account balance, details of account transactions and liabilities, name of funding source provider.

What might this mean, literally and in reality.

Got this email and canceled my account after reading the details...you are giving them permission to share all your personal data with debt collection agencies, credit checking companies, etc.
    What are the T&C's with these companies? who are they sharing my data with?
    Feck it, I may be paranoid but I try to take data security seriously, I don't want them sharing my information with third parties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Only wrote: »
    Hi,
    I bought a set of DVDs on ebay. When I played some of them, they are sticking. I e-mailed the seller and he said to try them on another dvd player and if I wasn't happy he would refund me if I send them back.
    I have since tried more of them and 90% of them are sticking and the ones that are won't play at all on my portsble dvd player.
    Anyways, I want to return them and get my refund - my question is, can I ask for the postage to be refunded or not (it was £8stg)? Am thinking probably not but just want to be sure? What does paypal cover - is it just the faulty goods and not postage too?

Thanks!

The dvds sound like fakes, in which case you might be able get the full refund, without even sending them back, I am not sure, read the policies on fakes etc. It is very common for fakes to "stick" in certain players and not others. If you have a tolerant dvd drive in your PC you could copy them (presuming they are not copyrighted!), if they are fakes they probably have no region coding on them.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    The dvds sound like fakes, in which case you might be able get the full refund, without even sending them back, I am not sure, read the policies on fakes etc. It is very common for fakes to "stick" in certain players and not others. If you have a tolerant dvd drive in your PC you could copy them (presuming they are not copyrighted!), if they are fakes they probably have no region coding on them.

Hi,
    90% of them stick in my regular dvd player and then when I try the same ones on my portable player they most of them won't play at all! The screen just shows blue. One of the ones I tried on the portable played for a minute or so and then just stopped and the screen turned blue ... I thought they might be fakes but how would I know for sure?
    The seller has 100% feedback and a fair few of these up for sale. Stupidly I left positive feedback before checking the dvds properly.
    When I e-mailed the seller to let them know about the problem he gave me the option of replacement or refund. I e-mailed them earlier this morning to ask for a refund (I also asked for their details :o thinking I would have to send them back) - Will check with Paypal t&c about fakes.
    Thanks a million for your help!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement