Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*PAYPAL*PAYPAL*PAYPAL - HERE ONLY

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Depends if you have a Standard account or Micro-Payments account.

Standard is 35c + 3.4% of value
    Micro is 5c + 5% of value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Depends if you have a Standard account or Micro-Payments account.

Standard is 35c + 3.4% of value
    Micro is 5c + 5% of value.

Holy hell!!

What is the difference between both accounts? Other than the costs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

nd wrote: »
    You can fund your paypal acount using just your bank account.

"Send a domestic bank transfer to PayPal

Beneficiary Name
    PAYPAL PTE LTD
    Bank
    Bank of America N.A., Dublin
    Bank code (Sorting Code)
    Account Number
    53202043"

A transfer takes approx. 3 working days.

I tried to do this today in the bank and the lady behind the counter said they only do international transfers and I hadn't provided enough details anyway???(BOI by the way)

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Topsnakebite

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    I tried to do this today in the bank and the lady behind the counter said they only do international transfers and I hadn't provided enough details anyway???(BOI by the way)
    yeah when i went into BOI and showed the lady the transfer she didnt know what to do she said rochfards will do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

I have a paypal a/c and have about 90 euro in it. I want to buy an item on ebay, but I want to pay for it out of the funds that I have in my pp a/c and I do NOT want it to be charged to my credit card..

How do I do this? Thanks:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

I have a paypal a/c and have about 90 euro in it. I want to buy an item on ebay, but I want to pay for it out of the funds that I have in my pp a/c and I do NOT want it to be charged to my credit card..

How do I do this? Thanks

They will take the money from your PayPal account first. If the purchase is over 90 euros then the balance will come off your credit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

cojomo2 wrote: »

How do I do this? Thanks:)

Nothing ;) Provided you don't spend more than 90euro and pay by PayPal then PayPal will use money from your balance before they take money from your credit card.

Edit>OK bit slow there its already been said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Cheers lads!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

So, my GF sold an expensive handbag on Ebay.

The auction was won by a buyer that has no history on ebay, i.e. no sales or purchases. The buyer paid for the item today via Paypal (€150) and the funds have reached my Paypal account already.

I appreciate that everyone has to start somewhere but the buyer being someone with no history has me slightly suspicious. I am probably basing it on nothing but would it be wise to hold off sending the item for a few days in case something dodgy is going on or would you be just as well served sending it straight away (would prefer not to leave someone waiting longer than they have to).

I am sort of curious as to what way you leave yourself exposed in these situations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Log onto the paypal account and view the transaction. Is it green & says you are covered by seller protection? If so, post by registered mail and your covered.

• Advertisement

Log onto the paypal account and view the transaction. Is it green & says you are covered by seller protection? If so, post by registered mail and your covered.

Exactly and just make sure you send the bag to the buyers paypal verified address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Is the buyer's address the one provided by Paypal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Tis all of those things. Thanks for the help :)

Main points have already been made (but not sure how you have a verified address in Ireland I know mine isn't verified) and I'd also add that you might want to take some precautions against the buyer saying the bag is a fake. So keep any orignal reciepts (if you have them) and take some photos that help show that the item is genuine.

Is the buyer's address the one provided by Paypal?

Yes. Its the one thats linked to the paypal transaction.

Edit: Sorry I read that wrong. Thanks ttm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I want to pay for something through paypal by credit card and I have linked one to my account, but when I go to send money it's not giving me the option to pay by credit card it just says that I need to add funds to my paypal account. Is there a way around this so I can just use the credit card on there??

Edit: To give an example, the payment I need to make is €575 and when I go to do that it tells me I need to add funds to my paypal balance. But if I go to pay €1 it allows me to send that by the credit card! Am I missing something, is there a limit to the amount of money I can send??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭homer911

Moiph wrote: »
    I want to pay for something through paypal by credit card and I have linked one to my account, but when I go to send money it's not giving me the option to pay by credit card it just says that I need to add funds to my paypal account. Is there a way around this so I can just use the credit card on there??

Edit: To give an example, the payment I need to make is €575 and when I go to do that it tells me I need to add funds to my paypal balance. But if I go to pay €1 it allows me to send that by the credit card! Am I missing something, is there a limit to the amount of money I can send??

I could be wrong, but unless you are paying a bill, you will need to transfer funds from your CC to your PayPal account before you can make payment. One other possibility is that if the CC has not been used on PayPal before, its a mechanism to protect them..

homer911 wrote: »
    you will need to transfer funds from your CC to your PayPal account

You can't do that. Money cannot be transferred from a credit card to Paypal, the card is merely used to fund the payment, when one is made.

I would guess the problem is with the size of the payment. Have you verified your card yet? They apply a small charge to your card, you'll see a reference number next to this on your card statement, and you use that to verify you are the card holder. If you haven't done this, then they won't let you spend much on that card.

Yes there is a limit you need to verify your PayPal account

Edit think this is the relevant bit in the PayPal Agreement
    3.2 Sending Limits. The transaction sending limit on your Account is 1,000 GBP (or 2,500 EUR for applicable non UK Users) per calendar year starting from the date that payment activity first took place on your Account. We may, at our reasonable discretion (for example, without limitation, to limit fraud or credit risk), impose limits on the amount of money you can send through our Service. You can view your sending limit, if any, by logging into your Account and clicking on the “View Limits” link on the “Account Overview” page.
    3.3 Lifting your sending limit. In order to lift your sending limit, you must complete the steps set out below.

a.In the UK: 1) Either: set up Direct Debit and complete the Random Deposit Process; or be successfully approved for and activate PayPal Credit and 2) if you hold a Business or Premier Account, you will also need to provide business information. If you wish to lift the sending limit on your card linked to your Account you will also be required to confirm your location via your telephone or post; or complete the Link and Confirm Card process.

b.In other non PayPal localised European countries: add a credit card and complete the Link and Confirm Card process.

PayPal may, from time to time, require you to, or provide you with the option of, carrying out other methods or procedures to lift your sending limit.

But if you haven't reached your limit yet 2,500euro for everything you have spent using PayPal then its another problem. Obviously the current spend only needs to take you over by 1cent for it not to work.

I have verified the credit card via the security code they sent to the statement. And I haven't spent anything through paypal so there's no way I could have gone over my limit. And the money is on the card to be spent so I'm not quite sure what the problem is?

• Advertisement

Any chance the transaction will take you over your credit card limit?

What type of credit card?

You say the money is there?

Nope it won't take me over my limit. The money is on the card to spend. It's a mastercard.

Edit: Silly me, I just remembered I put money on the card on monday so it's entirely possible the money hasn't gone through on the card yet. :o

Moiph wrote: »
    Nope it won't take me over my limit. The money is on the card to spend. It's a mastercard.

Edit: Silly me, I just remembered I put money on the card on monday so it's entirely possible the money hasn't gone through on the card yet. :o

Silly or not you still don't need to preload the card for PayPal to be able toget at the money. I have a Mastercard linked to my PayPal account and PayPal just acts like a conduit for the money, if I pay via PayPal it just takes the money off my credit card balance (ie I owe Mastercard and pay off the full amount each month) and if I get a refund it puts the money back on the card. Couldn't really be easier.

That's exactly what I was looking for paypal to do, to act as a conduit for my card. But I'll give it another day or so for the money to go onto my card and if it doesn't work then, well then I really don't know what the problem could be.

Ok, I'm still having a problem with this. I put €600 on my credit card on monday, but the most paypal is letting me send with the card is €367 plus a €12 surcharge. Does anyone have any idea why? There's no limit on the card or anything. I really can't figure this out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭Iceboy

Hi I recently added a 3v voucher to my paypal account,

the funds do do show up in the account so I'm assuming they are just staying on the car for the moment.

What I wanted to know what my expirey date is 05/10 so when it hits that date will my money just disappear off the card and not be able to use it?

Thanks very much

when your erxpiry date runs out on your credit card does your account become unverified and is prone to become limited?

Iceboy wrote: »
    when your erxpiry date runs out on your credit card does your account become unverified and is prone to become limited?

Sometimes when you get a get issued a new credit card to replace an old one runs out you get an problem but what should happen (and happend on my account recently) is that PayPal asked for the check number off the back of the card its ready to go again, its all automatic and shouldn't be a problem. I seem to remember I bid on an item went to pay and PayPal asked for the new info before it allowed me to pay for the item.

Edit> Sorry got mixed up there, but wish people would get the distinction between, a traditional Credit Card, a Debit Card and in this case a 3V card. I was talking about a tradition Credit Card and didn't go back far enough to see that Iceboy has a 3V card which makes my comment irellevant.

The money never appears in your Paypal account, it doesn't work that way. For conditions on the 3V voucher, you need to read the 3V site.

• Advertisement

I heard people saying that they set up a 2nd paypal account with a diff 3v voucher and send the funds to there 1st paypal account, that way they get to keep the money forever without having to expire, I may try this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement